Well it's been awhile since my last post so I thought I'd update everyone on my situation.
I'm back at work! It's been a week and so far I'm extremely sore and tired. I'm having a hard time adjusting to my restrictions. I use to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off but now I need to go slower, only lift certain things and sit at least 15 minutes every couple of hours. Costco keeps payroll real low, so I'm alone from 8-12 every day. It's impossible to sit during that time. I got a chair I dragged into the photo lab so I could sit there but customers keep coming to the counter, so it seems like every time I sit down, I just have to get right back up again.
Today was especially difficult. Our film processor was having some chemistry issues, so I asked for a technician to come in. Turns out it was our waste lines backing up into the machine because the girl that took over for me had it hooked up backwards. The waste lines are not the technician job, so that means that I was on the floor on my hands and knees draining chemistry for most of my day. By the time I took a break six hours had gone by. so you can imagine what my body feels like right now.
I left work at 5 and shot over to school. I'm currently sitting in my keyboarding class typing this. I'm way ahead of the rest of the class and have actually met all my requirements for the semester, so my teacher said I could use the time as a study hall. This really helps especially being limited on time now that I'm back at work!

1 comments:
SO glad you are going back to school. How is it going?
Post a Comment