Hell Everyone!
Yes I'm still alive!! LOL
The last few months have been completely insane and after many emails wondering where I went, I'm back. Now I can't promise that I'll update my blog as much as I use to but my goal is going to be at least once a week!
HHHMMMM Where to start?!
I've now been back to work for almost three months. Things are still tough everyday but I've figured out a little system that works for me. Although my job does require alot of lifting, I try to do it in steps so it's not a complete shock to my body all at once. For example... I need to purchase supplies for the Photo Lab from the store steel every week. Normally you do one big pull for the week on Monday but I buy a little each day and it seems to work for me.
I get to the store around 8 each day and I go pull whatever it is I might need and then I push it up to the Lab on a flatbed and let it sit there for awhile. Then one of two things usually happen... I wait a few hours to let my body recover from the morning lifting and then unload it all and put it away or sometime when one of my staff get in, they'll unload it and put it away.
Then during the day I only have to lift the paper magazines in and out of the machine depending on what the member orders. Since business is slow this time of year, I only have to lift 20-30 times a day vs continuously. My girls do most of the other "heavy stuff" like my Debby BeBe takes care of filling all the chemical tanks and Natasha does alot of the heavy maintenance and cleaning. I am so fortunate to have such great friends that work for me!! Thanks Girls I couldn't do it without your help!!
Now on to school...
I actually love learning new stuff so I think it's alot of fun! I'm almost through with my second semester and only have four more to go plus my internship. I've been studying like crazy and am fortunately doing very well. I even pulled a 4.0 my first semester!! WoopWoop!! This semester my grades are just as good but back in December I missed a few classes because I was in so much pain so I'm not sure how that will affect my grade. I know attendance counts for like 25% of your grade in each class so I'm curious what my average will be when the semester ends next week.
Although it is alot of work, I know that in the long run it will pay off. I haven't decided though exactly when I will leave Costco. I know that my body can't continue to work there for another 30 years so I'm going to school so I will have a back up for when I'm medically forced out. It's a wait and see situation.
Now as far as my health goes...
Mentally I feel great! I try to keep a super friendly positive attitude everyday so that my body aches and pain don't wear on me. I'm just in so much pain everyday. Since my last blog post I've had numerous injections in my back and nothing has helped and things are hurting more and more. My Dr has finally said that he is pretty positive that I do have the Fibromyalgia like I thought I did plus I also have a condition called Myoplacia which is parlysis of the upper thigh muscles. All this means is that my thighs constantly feel numb and tingly. I have various sensations like this all over my body.
Unfortunately at this point he said there's not much he can do for me except treat me with prescriptions. I told me I can play around with my Lyrica, like try taking an extra in the middle of the day or two at night instead of one plus he also prescribe a different muscle relaxer because the last one did nothing for me. The new one actually helps me sleep better. He said I could take it during the day but since it makes me so sleepy at night I haven't dared! The next step he said we could try was Botoxing all my muscles. This sounded funny to me since I've only heard of it ever being used for wrinkles but apparently he said that it parylsis the muscle so they stop contracting and stop hurting. He said exspecially in my back that it may help with my limping problem.
I guess we'll wait and see! Well that's it for now but I promise I'll take the time to update this more often!!

1 comments:
So glad you are still alive! I have missed you! Great job on your school work. Will continue to pray for your injury and pain. Have a great day!
Post a Comment