OH VEY!
I know, I know it's been a long time since I posted anything.... Again!
I promise I really am going to try to keep up this time but you know how that goes!
Since my last post I continued working and going to school. There was nothing really new to report just the same ole stuff day in and day out.
But then everything changed on April 1st!
I woke up to the most excruciating pain all through my right shoulder and my collarbone and chest area. It was awful. I couldn't do anything but sit and cry. I assumed to was a bad muscle flare up due to the Fibromyalgia and I already had a scheduled apt with my Dr on the 10Th so I figured I would deal with it till then since all the reading and researching I did pointed to a muscle flare up. I worked a few more days and then couldnt do it anymore. I started to call out of work and did nothing but stay home and cry. No matter what I tried to sooth it, it didn't work.
Finally the 10Th rolled around!
The Dr listen to me and then felt the are and concluded that I was right and it was a muscle flare up. At this point the shoulder hurt so bad I couldn't pick it up and it started to droop and literally hang almost at breast level. I looked completely lop-sided. Dr gave me a note to cover my missed days and we both agreed I would go back to work the next Monday and try it. He also increased my muscle relaxers and Lyrica.
I was back at work for only two days and I knew something was wrong. I now was crying at work constantly and making my co-workers a little uncomfortable. I couldn't do anything, heck I could barely move. Half way through my second day back my sister took me to the local ER. They did x-rays and found out the I had separated my AC Joint about an inch and a half. However the lady told me it was no big deal (as I'm sitting there crying histarically) and I should go back to my Dr. She gave me a few Percocets and wrote me out of work another three days.
I had an apt scheduled back at my Dr's in a few days for an injection to help bring the swelling down so I brought my x-rays then. He said he had never seen a separation so big and immediately sent me to get a figure 8 brace to try to pull my shoulder up and see if it would heal naturally. He also wanted me to do some Physical Therapy. Within three sessions the Dr stopped it cuz it wasn't helping and he was afraid it would separate further. My instructions were to continue wearing brace and to do nothing but rest until my next apt on May 11Th.
Oh did I mention I am of course out of work.... Again!
It's become a big issue since I went back out of work six months from my last leave (I was two weeks shy of six months), they have to review to see if it is the same injury as last time.
Oh did I mention it was same shoulder..... Again!
It was so much fun the first time I thought I would do it again. LOL. So yea it's under review cuz they need to determine if its a new issue. It actually is cuz last time it was Rotator Cuff and this time AC Joint. They now owe me over a months pay. I talked to long term lady a few days ago and she said they brought in a nurse case manager and she cant say officially but it looks like its gonna be ruled a new claim, they are only waiting on x-ray report to make final decision.
OK now here's the difference...
If I go back to Long Term then I get 60% of my pay and I need to start paying my health insurance again ($400 month). Plus they also want me to apply for SSI since I've been on that claim for almost two years. Now if its ruled a new claim then I start from begining and get 100% of my pay for 3 months and Costco continues to pick up health insurance. So as you can see I'm very anxious for a Short Term ruling!
Now back to the Dr. I went on the 11Th and had no improvement. Well that's not entirely true, the initial crying all the time pain is gone and now the shoulder/collar bone just throbs and aches all day everyday and it kills. I don't know if I'm just used to pain or it's a different type of pain now?! The shoulder is also not hanging so low, it still droops a bit but much better. Alot of the swelling has also gone down so I can now stick my finger in the "hole". Dr said obviously it won't heal by itself and he referred me back to my Shoulder Surgeon, unfortunately the apt isn't until June 17Th.
In the meantime I'm suppose to rest. I can wear brace if I want, some days I do and some I don't. I just don't think it helps, I did wear it for 4 weeks straight and it did nothing.
Back to being out of work and bored.... Again!

0 comments:
Post a Comment