I went this morning for my Injection. The procedure wasn't as bad as my mind imagined it to be. They had prescribed Valium to take an hour ahead of time but it did nothing for me and when I took a look at the dosage after the procedure I noticed it was only 10mg, No wonder why it didn't help!
I got there at 9 and was brought into a room with a bed and a big machine over it. I pulled down my pants some and layed face down on the bed. The nurse cleaned the area and briefly described the procedure and called the Dr in.
He placed a needle against my skin(actually right between the very top of my butt crack) and asked if I could fell it and I said yes. He then told me that there would be no surprise sticks and he would walk me through it. The first step was using some sort of injected dye with the help of the large X-Ray machine to make sure they were going into the right spot. I then got a bunch of Novocaine Injections which hurt like hell and then he said he was done.
So I'm thinking that wasn't so bad and the rest will be easy. Well I was in for a surprise, when he said he was done... he meant DONE! I had to hang out in the waiting room for 10 min to make sure I didn't have a reaction to anything and then was told to rest the remainder of the day and ice frequently.
My status now is PAIN!
The Novocaine has worn off and my whole back hurts and my right leg has pain shooting down it and is kinda numb and tingly.
I need to go lay down again, I will update again soon!

0 comments:
Post a Comment