Friday, September 5, 2008

WEEK UPDATE

Yes I know it's been a week since my last post so I'm just going to update everyone real quick and hopefully post again later!
After Saram's baby shower last Saturday the whole family ended up going back to their house for a little after party. It was alot of fun to hang out and catch up with everyone! Unfortunately I'm still on the same medication that doesn't allow me to drink so it was a sober party for me. Danni wasn't drinking either so the two of us hung out and watched everyone else get silly!! I was a little concerned about how everyone was getting home but most came with someone that wasn't drinking or had very little. As we were leaving one of our family members got a text warning about all the Sobriety Check Points set up in the area and their locations (a handful of the family works in law enforcement so we get all the head-ups!). Turns out the were holding one right on the main street that their house is off of.
Danni and I were the first to leave and neither of us were drinking so we weren't worried but all the same didn't want the hassle of getting held up in one. The whole process takes forever! As luck would have it we didn't pass through a check point at all so it must have been on the other end of the street. Massachusetts has been cracking down on drunk drivers and for the last few months there has been checkpoints at least 2-3 times a week and according to the news they catch an average of 300 people a night at these points!!
Sunday I kinda of just took it easy. I was in alot of pain probably from Saturday even though I didn't do or lift anything that would have caused it. It seems like my shoulder/neck pain is still the same(no worse but no better) however the last few months my back has been out of whack. I can't seem to catch a break, if a lay in a position to help my back it hurts my neck and vice versa I'm just so frustrated and don't know what to do. I'm suppose to being going back to work any day now but I know in my heart I still can't do the job, there are days that I can't even stand because of my back. I had an appointment this morning to see my Dr but his office called and rescheduled to next Wed.
I've been seeing this Dr since Feb and every single visit I've had with him has been cancelled and rescheduled by his office. I wonder if they do this to everyone or if I'm just a random coincidence? At least this time the turn around was fast(normally they reschedule at least a month away). Something has got to be done at this appointment or I'm going to look for another Dr because I can't take this pain anymore and I don't know how much longer Costco will hold my position. I've actually started surfing the net and looking at classifieds for a more office friendly position.
Besides my pain there hasn't been much going on around here this week. I did a little shopping and bought some new things for my apartment. As much as I want a house I know I'll be stuck here for at least five more years so I may as well make the place look good. It didn't look bad before I just haven't change much since I moved in and since I no longer have a car payment I used that $400 to buy some new things. First I bought a new microwave! My last one was bought in 1997 if you can believe that?! It still worked OK but sometimes when you took your food out and shut the door it would restart automatically hahaha so I figured it was time for a new one. I found a great one at Walmart that microwaves and also has a toaster element for cooking pizza and such for $74!! Woot Woot!!! I also bought a few other things for the kitchen like a new throw rug, potholders and dish towels.
Second I went to Target a bought new stuff for the bathroom(I didn't like anything at Walmart). I found a shower curtain I loved and built off of that. I decided to chose colors that I normally never buy just for something new and completely different from my usual taste. I picked out Reds and Browns and am very pleased with the outcome. After setting it all up it still seemed like it was missing something so I ran to Walmart the next day and found a few pictures to hang on the wall. I took some pictures and I'll post them later. The whole thing cost me about $300 which was a little more than I wanted to spend but I needed a new toilet seat and bathroom cabinet too so for all that I didn't do too bad. The last cabinet I had was white and was falling apart some and since I chose dark colors this time I wanted a new darker finished wood cabinet. I found a build it yourself for $60!
Along with all the shopping I did for the house I also got myself some new shoes. I haven't bought any for about three years and since I am planning on returning to some sort of employment I needed some new sneakers. I still need all new clothes but at least the shoe expense is out of the way. Actually my parents wanted to take me shopping for all new clothes for my birthday last April but I asked them if I could wait and do it when I went back to work so my Mom just told me to let her know when I was ready!
Today my back is hurting already so I'm just going to take it easy since I know it'll be a busy weekend. My friend Andy that just bought the house is having a House Warming/ 10Th Birthday Party for his daughter Alexis on Sunday and I volunteered to make M&M Cookies, Orange Brownies and Macaroni and Cheese. So tomorrow I'll be making the bakes goods(hopefully my back will cooperate) and then I'll get up early Sunday to make the Mac & Cheese. I'll be posting pictures of the party early next week.

0 comments: