Friday, September 12, 2008

MEDICAL 9-12

Once again I'm behind in my postings. I haven't really done much at all lately due to Back Pain (as if I wasn't already in enough pain with my Neck/Shoulder). I just haven't been able to sit at the computer much. It's been so bad that I haven't even been to CVS!
I did go to the Dr this week and let me tell you I'm pretty frustrated with the whole thing. My Dr just seems to never really listen to me. I understand that he sees alot of patients every day but I feel like I just get shuffled in and out and it's not only him, I've seen probably 10 different Dr's since this has started and they're all the same in this area :(
Now I try to make it easier for the Dr, I always bring a typed update on what has been going on with me since my last visit. When I went Wednesday Dr Cooper read the update and then looked at me and said "I don't remember you mentioning Back Pain before". I explained that if he dug through my chart he would notice it was on the initial forms I filled out plus I have mentioned it at the last 2 visits since it has started getting much worse. He then looked at me and said "Aren't the Muscle Relaxers helping?" HELLO Earth to Dr Cooper... First you don't remember me complaining about Back Pain and now you ask about Relaxers??!! Where does he think I got these Relaxers since he is my Dr and obviously didn't give them to me? Ummmm No the Relaxers aren't helping because you never gave me any!
He then promises to call in a Script for me. My next question was "How are we going to get rid of this pain before I lose my job?"(I've now been out 19 months and Costco is on verge of firing me). Dr Cooper looks at me and says "Why aren't you back to work yet?" Once again HELLO Earth to Dr.... Since your my Dr, your the one that has to release me back to work and you haven't because I can't lift much.
At this point I'm thinking this guy doesn't listen to me at all! I'm not sure what to do though, Do I switch Dr's again and start all over or grin and bear it since all the Dr around here seem to be the same??
Dr Cooper then says he's not sure how much more he can do for me. What?? You haven't done anything at all yet. He says that it's not like I'm dying from cancer or something and these may just be pains I have to live with. I was then given 3 choices and told to think about it and call him at the beginning of next week.
1- Do Nothing and hope it goes away
2- Have Injections in my Neck
3- Have Injections in Back
So I already ruled out #1 since this has been going on for 3 1/2 years obviously doing nothing won't help! I can't have both injections at once so I have to choose. I'm leaning towards my Back since that seems to be the newer of the two pains and maybe they can nip this one in the bud but then I'll still have to deal with my Neck later. I spoke with my Chiropractor and she thinks I should do back first as well.
Now neither of the injections are guaranteed to work. Dr seems to think most of my issues are Muscular and not much can be done for that. I'm willing to try something though! From my understanding the morning of the injection I have to take Valium and then some sort of Anesthesia is used and injections are given with help of X-Ray machine. The whole process seems kinda scary but I'm desperate!
If things aren't bad enough I got a call from Costco HR yesterday and was told that I'm at the end of my rope and either have to come back or resign. Then she went on to say that the company can't treat me better than other employees. That's when I spoke up (previous I ha vent said anything cuz they were giving me extensions and I didn't want to ruffle feathers till I had too) and said that I knew of at least 3 other employees that have been out much longer than I've been so don't even try to say I'm being treated differently.
There was a long pause on the phone and then she said that I didn't know all the details and she couldn't discuss their cases with me. I then reminded the woman that I was a store manager and I was the one that dealt with those employees before they went out of work and I was very familiar with their cases. She then said that their cases were Work mans Comp and mine wasn't. I then told her that first of all she was lying because one of the cases wasn't work related and that mine actually was and my claim was denied after 2 years of haggling with them. During which that whole time I wasn't treated and my condition got worse because of it. I then let her know that I had kept all my paper work the whole time and will be going after Sedgwick (WC Co) & Costco as soon as I was better.
I was then told that if my Dr submitted a letter saying that I was having an injection that they would extend my time till middle of Oct but no longer!
Silly Costco.... They trained me on all their policies and leave acts plus I was the Store Safety Manager and was often in charge of calling in employee accidents and investigating them so that the accident wouldn't happen to someone else. Costco may get away with telling an average employee some bullshit but not me!
I'd really like to hear from you guys on which injection you would get done first or if any of you have had them done before. I don't have to decided until Monday so I still have a little bit of time to think about it.

0 comments: