Wednesday, October 1, 2008

CAR EXPENSE

Today is Payday!! Woot ~ Woot!!!
I'm not sure why I get so excited since it gets paid out as fast as I receive it. I've been trying to be really frugal for the last year or so and this month it paid off for my car! I have a 2003 Jetta and have very good luck with her. Besides the scheduled maintenance I haven't had to put any other money into her.
I figured since I've had the car for 5 years it's about time to get some new tires. It only has 29,500 miles on it but the tires had a little bit of dry rot and I wanted to make sure I don't have any issues once it starts snowing. Costco was having a special on Michelin, $80 off 4 tires so I was able to have everything done for $452.
Next I went over to Advanced Auto and got new windshield wipers. The guy said your suppose to change them every six months ~ Oopsie mine are the originals that came with the car and they aren't even that bad! Advance Auto installs the wipers free so that was nice and then to top it off there was a BOGO mail in rebate. While I was there I also got some windshield fluid. Mine was low and the light had come on on my dashboard. It wasn't completely out but I needed to get the car inspected($29) and didn't want it to fail for something stupid. Everything here cost me $32.
I got some gas ($41) and then went to get her inspected. The first three places I stopped said their sticker machine was broken. My rotten luck! I ended up at the Volkswagen dealership and had to wait like an hour. While I was there I asked for a quote since my 30000 mile maintenance was coming up. The woman said it would be about $148. Not too bad for the dealership although I always end up paying more than they quote!
Total spent today on Joan Jetta = $554... and she's well worth it!!

0 comments: