Tuesday, October 21, 2008

WORK & SCHOOL

I went and meet with Costco yesterday to see if they could work with my current restrictions and get me back to work. Everything went well and they accepted my restrictions and I start Nov 4Th. I get my old Photo Lab Manager job back. Although I am not thrilled about going back to work and am not sure if I'll be able to handle the body pain but I'm willing to try. If I didn't try to go back, then they said I would have no choice but to resign. I obviously need a job so I'm thankful for the chance to go back to my old position!
Now on to my secret... I went back to school 3 weeks ago. Like I said it wasn't earth shattering news but I needed to keep it kinda quiet until I discussed with my employer. I didn't want someone else to tell them before me. I was real nervous about how they would take it since it clearly states in handbook that they don't have to work around any one's school/2ND job schedule. I spoke with my manager and worked it out. There is a few compromises I need to make to work with them but at least they're working with me too.
So my life is about to get real crazy and I'm sure I won't have much time for anything else for the next 13 months but it'll all be worth it in the long run. I'm super excited about starting a new phase in my life!!

1 comments:

Sarah Z said...

congrats, Mary-Ann! Good luck with the job and school. I used to work as a photo tech too, years ago at walgreens. Let me know if you're looking to hire!