Friday, October 17, 2008

FIBROMYALGIA??

Gosh, I really have been bad about keeping this blog updated. I like to try to post 3-4 times a week but lately things have been a little crazy for me.
I went to the Dr last Fri and he doesn't think there's much he can do for my muscle pain however my back did concern him some. I've been experiencing new pains and numbness all over different parts of my body. I told him about the numbness down my right leg and he had me stand while he pushed every little thing that hurt in my back, I swear he hit the spots right on. Then he checked my reflexes and the one in my foot was non-existent so he ordered an MRI. I went and had it done last Sunday but don't go back to Dr until 30Th to find out results. At least the wait isn't that long, it's usually much worse at this office.
Meanwhile I've been doing some research online about Fibromyalgia. Both my Mom and my sister have it and I have all of the same symptoms. For those that don't know, it's a disease where your muscles and nerves constantly hurt, it travels to various parts of the body and also comes with many other symptoms. I'm sure that's what I have but it's an awful condition and unfortunately lifelong so I've been in denial up to this point praying it's something else. I am on medicine for it currently just in a lower dose than normal. Since there is no test for Fibromyalgia many Dr's don't believe in it, my luck has it mine is one of those. My sister keeps telling me to go to her specialist and he'll help me but the problem is that although my Ins. Co. doesn't require a referral, the specialist does since his practice is so booked.
I'm going to try to get a referral from different Dr. I'm also going to attend my sisters next appointment with her on the 30Th. Hey you never know it could get me in the door!
Besides being in pain ;( I've been busy working on my secret. Don't worry it won't be a secret for much longer. It's not a shocker or a big deal or anything, I just need to tell some people first! It's going well so far, lots of hard work and I'm really tired and in super pain but it'll be worth it in the long run!

0 comments: