Yesterday was such a fun day(along with being tiring and painful but oh well)! My sister called me a few days before and I asked if I could watch Nevaeh on Wednesday since she had to work and my Brother-n-Law had a double header softball game. I only had my Work Hardening therapy in the morning and was free for the rest of the day so I said sure.
What better way to get in shape to go back to work than to pick up a 2 year old for the day??!!
I went to WH at 8:30am and actually got a great workout. I walked on the treadmill for 10 minutes to get warmed up and then hit some other Hydraulic Exercise Equipment and then my therapist had me do alot of lifting. Although I haven't seen an reduction in pain yet(it actually keeps increasing), I'm optimistic that the more I work out the stronger I will be and hopefully the pain will go away. I'm very pleased with the program because not only are they working on my shoulder/neck area and lifting techniques but they want you to get some cardio in and the also have me do leg exercises. It's like having a personal trainer that my insurance is paying for! My whole workout was 90minutes and I was sore and tired when I left but overall felt kinda energized.
After I was done I went and got Nevaeh, they didn't actually need me till around 5pm but I figured I would get her and spend the day with her. Our first stop was to go see my Mom at her work. Meme' was surprised to see Nevaeh and it made her day since she rarely gets to see her during the week. I also dropped off one of the Photo Books I made at CVS to my Mom. She absolutely loved it and I was so happy. After Meme's I wanted to run to Burger King because I had a coupon for a Free Icee Drink which expired that day. Our local paper has started a new feature called "Thursday Freebie". Every week the offer a coupon for a free product or service in the area and it's guaranteed to be worth more than the cost of the paper. Last weeks was the Burger King Icee drink and today's was a Free Klondike or Eskimo Bar at Pride.
Since Burger King is located right next to Costco I went there next and Nevaeh got to see Mommy and her other Grandma there for a little while(Yes we all work at Costco hahaha). Most of our work friends haven't seen Nevaeh in a while so they were surprised at how much she's grown.
My next plan was to bring her to this Water Sprinkler Park by my house to play since it was so hot out but just as I was leaving Costco my friend Khris was leaving too and said Why don't you just come to my house and hang out. Khris has got 3 kids herself and an awesome backyard complete with Swing Set, Sand Box, Pool and Hot Tub. I can't even tell you how much fun Nevaeh had playing with the other kids. We stayed for almost 4 hours!
By this time it's now 6 and I was exhausted and in pain but Nevaeh was still going strong. Danni wasn't picking her up till after 9 when she got out of work so I figured I would take her to my house and get her something to eat and then a bath(playing in the sand box she had sand in every crevice possible haha). I assumed after bath time she would calm down some and just watch cartoons or color but no luck there. Nevaeh grabbed her flip-flops and said I go Bub-Bye. Whatever I wasn't going to fight with her if she wanted to go back outside. So we played on the lawn of my apartment building for another hour and I forced her to come back in when the bugs got viscous. There was no way I was putting stinky bug spray on her since I already gave her a bath.
OK this time I thought for sure she would settle down but nope. She continued to run around and jump on my couch until Dave and Danni came to get her around 9:30. Whew I was so tired and could barely move when she left but it was a great fun day and well worth it!!




1 comments:
What a fun and exhausting day. Enjoy every minute because they grow up so fast.
Post a Comment