Sunday, July 13, 2008

ROCK CATS VS SEA DOGS 7-13

Today was a fun day!!
I just got home a few hours ago from a New Britain Rock Cats vs Portland Sea Dogs down in New Britain. I'm a avid Red Sox fan and my friend Andy is a Mets fan and we both enjoy going to games but I'm really working on getting rid of my debt so it was/is too expensive to go this year. Last year I spent $700 on a pair of tickets at Fenway not to mention the additional $200 hotel stay. We only live like an hour and a half away but like to drink so we always stay at the same hotel in Boston near the T and just take that to Fenway and back so we can drink and not have to worry about driving.
We have been talking for the past month about catching some Minor League games instead. We tried a few times but each time it rained and we didn't go. Last night Andy noticed they were playing and we checked the weather and it was suppose to be in the 80's, Perfect!! We bought two adult and one child ticket and the total with fees came to $27.50! How can you beat that?!
I was thrilled because the Portland Sea Dogs are a Minor League team for the Red Sox! It turned out that I didn't recognize any of the players on either team(Rock Cats are a Twins Minor League team) but hey you never know they could be coming up soon. We saw alot of great players!
Every Sunday there is Family Day and after every inning the have some sort of event on the field for kids such as running races, chicken dance, musical chairs, scooter races, singing etc. After the game the kids were invited down to run the bases! We must have seen at least 10 different mascots. They were from all teams and all sorts of products and they roamed the crowd during the entire game and sign stuff for kids.
We had so much fun!! I highly recommend catching a game if you can!!
Front of New Britain Rock Cat Stadium
Alexis and the Rock Cow
Outfield
Portland Sea Dogs
Rocky

0 comments: