Gosh I just realized it's been five days since my last post, I've really been slacking this month. I'm going try to update you on whats been going on around here.
Last Friday was a crazy busy day and I feel like I drove all over Western Massachusetts. It all started at 8am when I had to drop Mia off to be Spayed(Finally!!). Because I had bought a discounted Spaying Certificate online for $65, I had to use participating Vets only. The closest one to me was in Blandford which is only about 30 minutes away and I have to say it was a nice relaxing scenic drive. I was familiar with the area so I had no trouble finding the place. I was just going to have her Spaying done there and then transfer to somewhere closer but I fell in love with their staff. Everyone was just so nice so I'm going to continue to use them.
I was unsure how much this was going to cost. I knew that there was a $40 office visit but was unsure if Mia would need shots or medicine. I had obtained her kitten shot records from her last owner to show what she had gotten already. It turned out that she needed her Rabies shot(once a year) and Distemperment Shots(3 part shot over 3 months). I also purchased a tube of some sort of medicine which would help with hairballs(Mia just started getting them last week). The total for everything was $81.55, not too bad! I do need to bring her back at the end of the moth so they can check her incision and give Mia her next distemperment shot.
Already returning to normal. I was afraid at first because she stayed under my bed for the first few days and only came out to eat and use her box. This is what she did when I first got her so I was afraid she was regressing some but yesterday she was out and about like normal!
In between Friday while Mia was being spayed I went to Physical Therapy and did some grocery shopping at Walmart. I didn't need alot but wanted to get some of the "Free" deals posted over at Money Saving Mom's Blog. Everything went well until the cashier tried to scan my coupons for Jergens lotion. I had picked up the trial size(2oz) for $1.97. I actually had 4 different coupons to use, 2- $2 off any Jergens and 2- $1.50 off any Jergens.
Now to give you a little background I had also picked up other trial/travel size items and had used coupons to get them free and all those coupons went through but for some reason the Jergens ones were beeping. At first the cashier told me I couldn't use them and I needed to buy the big bottle like the coupon picture showed. I explained to her that the coupon said "Any Size". She then said I should be able to use them and called over a Supervisor. The Sup looked at the coupons and then tried to hand them back to me and say I couldn't use them. I refused to accept them and asked for a manager. The manager came over and was extremely snotty and did the whole eye rolling thing. She tried to say I couldn't use them. I refused to take no for an answer since I knew I was right.
Now mind you the line is huge behind me and I can hear people starting to mumble and say stuff but I stood my ground! Then she swayed a little and pushed through the 2-$1.50 off coupons but was trying to refuse the $2 off coupons saying that the coupon was more than the price of the product and I couldn't do that. I then stated out loud for everyone to hear that I still was not accepting that answer and I could stand here all day and hold up the line. I asked her what she cared anyways since when she sends the coupon in Walmart would get their $2 back. After one final eye roll she pushed them through but only for $1.97 each, whatever that was fine with me since I wasn't looking to get the overage.
So moral of the story ladies, stick to your guns and stand your ground and if your in the right you will get what you want!
By the time I got home Friday I was so tired and my pain level was unbelievable :( Not only is there a problem with my neck and shoulder but my therapist also found a problem in my back. My back usually only hurts on and off and only on the lower right side, I didn't think it was related and never thought to mention it. He was saying that if something is off in your back then it would throw your whole spine off and may be part of the source of the pain in my neck.
Oh great just what I need more problems. After my visit yesterday the therapist told me that he thinks I'm making progress but doesn't think I'll be able to return to work in August. He is going to recommend another month of the program. I agree with him because although I am starting to lift more, there is no way I would be able to do it repetitively for 8-10 hours straight. I know my Dr will be OK with it, I'm just not sure if Costco will extend me another month or if the disability co will continue to pay me. I just have to wait and see what happens Aug 1st(I have Dr appt and then meeting w/ Costco).
In between all my pain this weekend I baked some muffins for a coworker who's Mom had passed away. Danni and I didn't want to do the traditional send a flower thingy so we decided to make a goody basket. I baked muffins and Danni made Cookies and Cinnamon Buns and another Co-worker bought some fruit.
Cranberry w/ Walnut Crumb Topping
and
I forgot to take a picture of the finished basket but it looked real nice. Danni and I had gone over to Michaels to buy the basket. All the baskets were 50% off which was a nice bonus. We needed one that was short and long versus tall and round and found a nice one that was $3.99. We also grabbed some purple ribbon(co-workers fav color) and some purple shredded paper for bottom and a clear large bag/basket wrap.
When we got to register the basket rang up at $1.99(50% off price) and I had a 20% coupon for the rest of the regular priced stuff. Our grand total was $6.27!!! Can you believe that?? I don't think I've ever gotten a basket and wrapping stuff for that low!
When we got home Danni took the purple ribbon and a roll of purple and green w/ flowers she had at home and weaved it around the top of the basket. By the time we were done the basket looked fantastic and we were so proud of ourselves and more importantly our friend loved it and immediately commented that we had remembered and used her favorite color. It's so nice to be able to brighten a friends day just a little!





0 comments:
Post a Comment