Tuesday, August 19, 2008

CRAZY WEEKEND

Life has been crazy around here this past weekend. My friend Andy has been staying with me the last few weeks. It has only temporary stay between having to be out of his apartment and the closing of his first house. My tiny one bedroom apartment was stuffed with all my extra stockpile things and some of his things(majority went to storage unit). I have been desperately looking for some type of storage cabinet to put everything in and I think I finally found one but Ill get to all of that in a minute let me just back up to Fri.
The closing was on Friday so we spent the afternoon and evening scrubbing the new house clean. It wasn't bad just needed a good spring cleaning. Its a beautiful home and I'm very jealous. Its a one floor home on a slab with three bedrooms and a HUGE kitchen. He didn't want a basement or upstairs so this was perfect. I really like the layout so I have some ideas of what kinda of home I may want but unfortunately that's years away :(
The cleaning left me sore and tired but I wanted to help so on sat we got up early and went and rented a truck to move his things. It was only going to be the two of us which was going to be a slight problem since you all know I can only lift so much. I am getting stronger each and every day thanks to the Work Hardening Program but I'm still in pain. Regardless I was determined to help as much as I could even if it did cause pain. At the last minute my nephew Sean was able to help which was great.
Everything was moved in about an hour! While Andy had Sean there he wanted to use his muscles to help with another project. The previous owners had built some sort of square wood deck platform which wasn't hooked to anything and was water rotted. We figured we could throw it in the rental truck and get rid of it. When we were done we went to grab and small bite at Wendy's and then dropped Sean off and back to the house.
Andy decided he wanted to go shopping to get some things and it was a perfect weekend since the government had declared that weekend tax free in Massachusetts. We went to Walmart and Home Depot and got many nice things. When he was done we went back to his house and did some small projects around there until we were both exhausted and decided to head back to my place.
Sunday we were up early again and Andy wanted to go back to Walmart and Home Depot to get more stuff. He bought alot of nice put it together yourself pieces at Walmart. I was incredibly impressed with how they turned out when we built them later that afternoon. When we were done we went around the house and grabbed any trash items we could find and put them into the rental truck. Trash in his area only comes once a week and you are only allowed one barrel. The old owners left it completely full and of course trash day isn't until Thursday. We took it all back and put into the dumpster at my apartment complex. I know technically this was wrong but what else were we going to do with it? I was so tired and sore at this point that I couldn't wait to return the truck and go to bed.
Monday morning I had to get up early to go to Work Hardening and then the Chiropractor. In the afternoon I packed up the rest of his things into my car so I could drop them off for him. That's when Andy called and said he had to go back to Walmart to return something and decided to do more shopping and found a put it together yourself Oak Storage Cabinet for $50!! Yeah so I'm going to go check it out on Saturday and get it. I trust his taste so if he says its nice then it is. Actually he thinks he may get one too.
This afternoon since all of his stuff is gone I went around the house and collected all my stockpiles and put together in the corner of my room. I was shocked when it was all put together and didn't realize I had that much stuff. I took a before picture to post when I get the cabinet and organize it all and do a before and after!!

1 comments:

Cynthia said...

Take it easy! I can't wait to see the cabinet!