Wednesday, August 13, 2008

MY STOCKPILE

Many of my friends having been asking me just how much stuff I have so I took pictures to show you guys my sorta stockpile. I need some help!! I live in a one bedroom apartment with absolutely no storage. I have things piled in various areas around the house but the majority of it is in my bedroom.
For the last month I have been looking for some type of pantry-storage cabinet. Can you believe I can't find them anywhere. I even looked at Bob's Furniture today and nothing. I've tried Walmart, Target, Big Lots all in store and online. I found one at Target.com but it was like $700!
I'm tempted to just put shelves on the wall just to get it all in one area and a little more organized
This is all my un-opened boxes of cereal, dish soap, laundry detergent, Ziploc bags, and push pops
Toilet paper piled on my exercise ball
Under the bathroom sink
Mostly cleaners, shampoo, bodywash, toothpaste, shaving cream, deodorant etc
Sierra Mist in the little cove in the entrance of my bedroom
Medicine cabinet
Close up of all the drugs both opened and unopened
Stockpile of various things in the corner of my bedroom
I pulled it apart in the next pics.....
Box on bottom holds air fresheners, razors, razor refills, unopened nail polish, candles, and bodywash samples I got through the mail
All my free Kotex from Walmart
Baby stuff. I don't have children but buy the stuff when I can get it real cheap. There are currently two pregnancies in the family.
Saram and Adam are having a baby girl Madison Shea in late Oct. Madison will be their second child, older sister Savahna is 9. Saram's baby shower is at the end of the month so few of these items will be going to her. I also got some outfits for her(see my next post).
Inga and Sean are having a baby(sex undetermined yet) in late Feb. They are a very young couple being only 17 & 18 so they'll will be needing alot of family love and support. So most of this stuff will be saved for them and I will continue to stash away any good deals I find between now and then
I had so much cat food plus the Vet made me buy a special dental one for Mia. I was told to mix it with regular dry food so I got a big tub from Walmart and mixed everything I had together. Everything that is piled on top was bought after the tub and was acquired for Free except for the cans in the back which were buy 4 get 1 free. It was a new kind of Friskies Select for Indoor Cats and I wanted to see if she liked it and she sure does!
This is all the extra cans of food I got piled on top of the fridge. A few weeks ago Dave's Soda and Pet had a sale 24 cans for $9.99 so I bought 48!! She only eats one can of wet a day and then dry food the rest of the time so it should last over a month.
As you can see I've got stuff everywhere. I just want to say that I only buy stuff that I know I'll have a use for. I'm not just hoarding things for fun. Most of the razors and bodywashes and beauty products will go to all the many teenage girls in the family for Christmas. I figured I can put them all together a nice little beauty bag.
If you have any ideas for storage and organization please leave me a comment! Does anyone know where I can get a pantry cabinet for cheap or an easy idea to make one. Do any of you just hang wood shelves up for extra storage?
HELP??

3 comments:

Sarah Z said...

wow. Great stock pile, Mary-Ann! I would just keep a lookout for a pantry-type cabinet. Maybe Ocean State or Walmart or Kmart? With school starting up, check out the dorm stuff. Maybe something like that could work?

Sarah Z said...

Oh yeah! I plan on making "beauty bags" for a couple of the girls in my family for Xmas too!

Sarah Z said...

One more thing. How about craigslist for a cabinet? I've bought and sold on craigslist. You might find a great deal...