Sunday, August 24, 2008

STORAGE CABINET

As promised here are the pictures of my stockpile before and after I got the storage cabinet. These first few are my befores
Close-up of my box of goodies
This is the cabinet I got at Walmart for $49!

Of course it came in many-many pieces. It took me about 3 hours this morning to put together but remember I'm not very strong yet and it required alot of elbow grease to screw it all together and in fairness I was watching a movie while doing it and I stopped for a bagel and some coffee
Here's the beginning shelf process, where I had to attach the Safety Strap for the Wall and some Latch Brackets

Yeah it's finally coming together
At this point I had the main frame done so I dragged it to my bedroom since it was already getting heavy. I had to put it together in the living room because there was no way I could do it in the bedroom. I anchored the Safety Strap into the wall with nails and then went back to build the front doors

I finished attaching the doors to the cabinet
There were two adjustable shelves that I put in before putting my stockpile in
The cabinet is pretty tall and plenty deep just not very wide but for now it will defiantly work for me. I was able to fit everything from my stockpile, bathroom cabinets and kitchen cabinets into the cabinet! The only things that didn't fit were my collection of Razor starter kits and baby products I've bought to give as presents which I left in a box on top of the cabinet
This is what the inside looks like
Close-up of top two shelves
Close up of bottom two shelves

1 comments:

Sarah Z said...

Looks great Mary-Ann! You could survive a hurricane! Or how about a New england Blizzard?