I've been slacking the last few days on posting. Monday was payday so the first thing I did when I got up was to order Mia's Spaying Certificate online. She is now coming out of her heat which is good but I still need to have her spayed since this will just repeat itself over and over. I'm assuming I may have to go through one more heat cycle before I have her fixed. I'm not sure how fast the certificate comes in and I can't make the appointment until it comes plus the old owners ordered a copy of her kitten shots from their last vet which is out of state. When I called to ask if the vet was still participating in the spaying program I was told that unless I could prove Mia had her kitten shots, they would have to be repeated and thus I would have to pay more. The vet also said they preferred not to spay them when they're in heat. It's much more dangerous for the cat and it cost more so I'm assuming by the time I get all the paperwork in and make the appointment Mia will be in heat again and I'll have to reschedule. Whatever, at least it's getting taken care of!
After the certificate was ordered I called and paid a few bills over the phone and then it was off to pick up Danni. We were both going to Walmart to do our monthly shopping. It's the second month we've used coupons so we were excited to see how much we would save. The trip took us a little over 3 hours which isn't bad with stacks of coupons and a 2 year old! I spent $150.51 which was right on budget. I was thinking I wanted to be somewhere between $150-$175 so perfect! Since I had tons of condiments, beverages, spaghetti sauce and plenty of snacks(all that free Chex Mix!!) I focused more on meats, my freezer was completely bare except for a turkey. I also got some frozen veggies, rice, and potatoes.
Danni did real well too! She feeds a family of three everyday plus she has 3 step kids that are always around, two of them are 18 and 21 year old men so I don't have to tell you what they eat! She also has a huge in-law family that are always around on a daily basis. We do alot of big family diners/hangouts(approx 2-4 times a week). She ended up spending $300 and some change! Not too bad for feeding that many people! Danni had almost $70 in coupons!!
Once we were done with all of our shopping and we got back to her house I had to transfer all the stuff to my car and then once I got home drag it up to the second floor. Oh, did I mention that I didn't park in front of the building like I usually do but in a side lot instead cuz they're re-roofing the building and dropping all kinds of shit and I don't want anything to fall on my car! So needless to say I had to drag the groceries across the parking lot before I climbed the stairs. Now remember I can only lift on my left side which is my non dominate side so it isn't as strong, this whole process took many, many trips. Once it was all done and put away I was tired and in excruciating pain:( and I flopped on the couch and did nothing the rest of the evening.
Tuesday when I woke up I had all my usual pain plus a sharp stabbing pain shooting up my neck. I had an appointment at Physical Therapy so I was hoping that would help. The therapist gave me a deep tissue massage and the muscles still wouldn't loosen, as usual. She tried manual traction next but that didn't work either. She asked if I wanted to try mechanical traction, my usual response "Sure what have I got to lose".
That helped a little. When I left it wasn't as bad but still not feeling great. I still had a few more errands I wanted to run though so off I went. I needed kitty litter and some wet cat food. The grocery store by my house has it cheaper than Walmart so I waited to get it. Plus I wasn't in a rush, the box isn't due for a few more weeks, I use those once a month crystals but because I only get paid monthly and I know it's an expense I will occur this month I just went to got it over with. I found out that the store doubles coupons everyday but only up to $0.99. I had some coupons so it worked out well. Next I went across the street and stopped at CVS to do the Charmin/Bounty deal. It was the last thing I wanted to do for the week there. After I got my $10ECB I went back in and got case of water, fabric softener and a Father's Day card. On my way out I picked up a couple of June Monthly Deals Flyer. Although I've already seen it online I like to keep a hard copy to reference through the month and Danni need one too.
Next I headed over to Dave's Soda and Pet Food City. I wanted to look at cat toys. I bought two when I got Mia. One is lost and I've looked absolutely everywhere and the other was a feather boa thingy that she loves and has totally pulled apart and destroyed. I had gotten it at Dave's so I figured I would go back and get another. They were all out so I got her a few other feathery things and a couple of balls with bells in them. OMG she loves the balls. It's all I heard yesterday and overnight. I'm glad she is adjusting so well!
This morning I woke up in pain again probably mostly due to the rain(it's pouring). I had a early appointment to have three more trigger point injections and then an appointment immediately after at PT to work the medicine through the muscles. I'm very sore right now but figured I would post now cuz I know the pain will be much worse later.
When I got home I called my work to ask about my vacation time. The thing is my disability co may not pay me this month depending on what the paper work the Dr passes in says. I cant afford not to get paid since I live alone I need to be able to pay next months bills. A thought popped into my head when I was at PT about my vacation time. The way it works at my employer is whenever you got hired is your anniversary date so every year on that day you get next years vacation allotment. You are only able to carry over one week and the rest you must use or lose. I rollover on July 20Th and haven't used any time this year obviously because I've been out of work so I called to find out how much I had and if I could use it this month just in case disability co doesn't pay me. I found out I have 167 hours!! 127 of them must be used before July 20Th or I lose them. I'm hoping to return to work around July 1st which is when my next Dr follow-up visit is so if I'm not allowed to use them now then I'll have to take a four week vacation as soon as I come back. That would be real silly. The payroll clerk told me she would look into it and call me back. Hopefully they will let me use it, it's much more reassuring to have a back up pay plan!!
***UPDATE***
The payroll clerk called me back and I can use my vacation time to get paid this month if I don't end up getting paid from the disability co. Even if I do get paid by disability since I'm only earning 60% of my salary, the payroll clerk said she can supplement me also to bring me up to 100% if I want to use up my vacation time that way. Awesome!! This is such a relief because I was starting to worry about paying next months bills. I knew if I put my brain to it I would be able to think up something!
Whew... One disaster avoided for now!

0 comments:
Post a Comment