Well I'm starting to feel a little bit better. Sore but not in agony anymore and my headache has gone away. At Physical Therapy today the girl gave me a great workout. We did all our normal exercises and then I got to use the arm bike. It was tough but a good workout all the same. I really need to strengthen up so every little bit helps. Then my therapist got a empty milk crate and place various weights in it and had me practice lifting it from the floor to waist level and then from waist level above shoulders. I was completely exhausted and sore when I left but I wasn't having any sharp or stabbing pains so I think most if it was just workout tired.
OK now on to a few frugal things, This morning in the local paper there was a ad for a new feature "Thursday Freebie". Each week there is going to be a coupon for a free item or service guaranteed to be worth more than the price of the paper! This week's freebie was a free round of mini golf at our local range. I don't play much mini golf these days but my friend Andy goes all the time with his daughter so I cut it out to give to him. Then this afternoon when getting the mail there was an extra paper laying on the table in the foyer(this is the spot people put extra papers, magazines and some lazy people put all their junk mail). So I got to cut out another coupon and now the two of them can play a round totally free!
Last week there was a coupon for a free Thomas the Train thingy at Toys R Us which was valid through next week. Today I found another coupon which expired today for basically the same thing. I decided I would take the 20 min drive there and pick up 2 free toys. Although I don't have any little boys in my family I figured I would get it and put away for a gift later(my friends always invite me to their kids parties). Once I finally located them in the store I saw a sign that said that the 1st online coupon I had had been a mistake and was no longer valid and then the 2ND online coupon they were out of stock on and offered no rain check. I went to customer service to see if I could substitute a lower priced Thomas for the out of stock and was told no and sorry there was nothing they could do. Every time I go to Toys R Us there's is a problem and I'm really starting to hate them and thinking about boycotting!
I was so aggravated on the drive home since I had gone out of my way to drive all the way there and back. My attitude improved however when I opened the mail and found a $3 rebate check from Minute Maid. I love rebates!

0 comments:
Post a Comment