Tuesday, June 24, 2008

PAINFULL WEEKEND

Once again I've been slacking but this time it's because I hurt myself again and have been in chronic pain. I was lifting something light Sat afternoon (which I've been instructed to do since I need to rebuild my strength and get to a 25lb limit before I return to work in a couple of weeks) and I strained everything in my shoulder and neck and I heard something "pop". Within just a few minutes my pain level tripled and a heat came over the entire area.
I was in awful pain all day on Sunday and couldn't move my neck in certain positions. The later it got in the day the more everything hurt and I developed a slight headache. By the time I went to bed around 11pm I had a full blown migraine. I tried everything to get rid of it and four hours later I finally passed out with an ice pack on my head.
Monday things were no better. I only had a slight headache thank goodness it never turned into a migraine. I was once again in pain and didn't know what to do with myself. I tried ice, heat, med, exercises, hot showers etc etc. Nothing works :(
Today I still feel the same. I slept all right last night getting about 6 hours which is great for me but when I woke I felt the pain instantly. There is a huge knot on the base of my scalp that seemed to get larger overnight. I have an appointment with Physical Therapy in a few hours so I'm hoping that will help. I'm unsure weather or not to call the Dr. I have an appointment next Tuesday so I may just ride it out. They keep saying if I strengthen up they pain will go away and I won't need surgery on my herniation but obviously that's not working and I'm afraid now I may not be able to go back to work as planned :(

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds awful - I hope the pain goes away soon. I feel like there has to be something these doctors can do!!