Sunday, June 8, 2008

WATER BALLOONS

Saturday was a real fun day. My parents invited us all over for a little impromptu Barbecue. It was extremely hot out and very humid so I brought up a bag of water balloons I had and a couple of water balloon slingshots. My Dad ran the hose for us and my sisters and I took turns filling up the balloons. We couldn't do it fast enough for them. We must have gone through at least 200 balloons!
Here's a pic of Nevaeh all ready to go in her swimsuit.
Nevaeh kept coming up the stairs and would grab one balloon at a time and then went back down the steps and throw it on the lawn. I can't tell you how many times she did this, I was tired just watching her. She was having a ball!!
She liked to take the bigger balloons but that's OK because the guys wanted the tiny ones since they flew through the air faster and didn't get stuck in the slingshot.
Jonathan and Nevaeh play really well together despite their age difference!
Jonathan had a blast shooting them off with my brother in law Dave Jr and his son Dave III. It's a three person slingshot where 2 people have to hold the ends and the person in the middle loads the balloon and then pulls back and lets it rip.
This is a view of the flower garden in front of my parents house. They were shooting the balloons up over those trees and almost hitting the neighbors house. It was a super fun afternoon and we all got a little relief from the heat!

0 comments: