Sunday, June 15, 2008

THIS AND THAT

Yikes! I had no idea it's been five days since my last post. I've either been busy or in pain and haven't gotten on here much.
Wednesday I volunteered to take my niece Nevaeh for the day. I need to start doing more things and lifting more weight in order to go back to work so what better practice than to chase a two year old around for nine hours. By the time she left I was exhausted and very sore. I think all my muscles were aggravated. They were just as sore Thursday when I woke up so I rested all day.
Friday I had an appointment for more Trigger Point Injections at 8:15am. I had three shots total and this time I asked him to put one into the knot at the bottom of my scalp. He said it would feel weird since there is no tissue there and boy did it ever. Right after I went next door for Physical Therapy. They give you a deep tissue massage to work the medicine through the muscles.
By the time this was all done I was in pain and wanted to go home but I had to run to Costco. I was suppose to have a two day paycheck deposited and when it didn't show up Fri morning I called our payroll clerk and she said she had forgotten to key it in and would issue me a manual check if I could stop by and pick it up. No big deal because I needed to pick up a prescription anyways(our ins co makes us get them there).
I was pleasantly surprised by my paycheck. It was more than double what I expected. Being out of work so long and living on 60% of my salary, I had completely forgotten what I made regularly! I decided I would treat myself to a manicure and pedicure. My Manicurist couldn't fit me in for an hour so I ran across the street and into Pet co to get a scratching post for Mia. She is destroying the corners of my couches and everyone said this would help(update~3 days later she is still tearing up the couch). I than went over to Barnes and Nobles and picked out two new paperbacks and a Mint Mocha Frappachino at Starbucks. Hey.. I decided to splurge a little on myself since I've been so frugal lately! The pedicure was great! I love sitting in the massage chair and having it work on my muscles. It felt good after the injections earlier that morning. When my nails were all done I went home for the night and started reading one of my new books.
Saturday I got up and had a few chores to do. Vacuum, empty cat box, take trash out, etc. I wanted to get it done early so I could rest for a while since we were planning on going to a New Britain Rock Cats game. I love to go to Red Sox games but they are so expensive so this year I don't think I'm going to go so this was a great alternative. It's approx $27 for a pair of tickets and it's a fun night out watching baseball! Well as it got later in the day it started to pour so we scrapped that idea and decided to try again next weekend.
Even though I really wanted to go I was OK with skipping it since I decided I would get up at 5 am Sunday morning and drive down to the Cape. My parents have a second home there and were spending the weekend there with my sisters and their families. I am not a fan of the Cape and never go but thought it may be a nice surprise for my Dad to drive down for the day and hang out with them.
When I woke up this morning I looked on the intranet for Cape Cod's weather and learned it was gonna pour all morning and most of the afternoon so I decided the 3 hour drive each way wasn't worth it to hang out inside because of rain. So that idea got scrapped and I went back to bed.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

What did you pick up at Barnes and Noble??? Check out my book giveaway and see if its something you might enjoy reading. Hurry, ends this weekend!

MARY-ANN said...

I got 2 Smut novels by Jackie collins....
Lovers & Players
Drop Dead Beautiful