Thursday, March 20, 2008

CHOCOLATE CHIP DREAMS

Baking is one of my all time favorite hobbies. I enjoy baking cookies, pies, cakes and breads for my family and friends. I don't actually consume any of the products. I know all of you are laughing out there due to the enormous size of my butt, but its true. I really just like being able to take a few ingredients and put them together and make something that tastes great! Even though I'm in pain a lot I have continued to bake just not as often as I normally do. The whole process just takes longer than average trying to avoid any movement or lifting that may cause more pain or injury. Today I'm starting my baking for Easter. I told my mom I would make some Chocolate Chip Cookies and a Carrot Cake. So today I'm starting with the cookies, which at my current pain level should take the majority of the afternoon but hey what else do I have to do?!
My dream is to be able to open a small neighborhood bakery. Nothing huge and fancy just a nice homemade shop that sells Delicious treats to take home to your family. I think I would be so much happier doing this, making my own hours, being my own boss. My sister loves the idea and wants to come work with me but she's also had her own dream of a sandwich and homemade soup shop. So who knows maybe we can open some sort of small dual takeout shop. Oh to have a pipe dream, unfortunately I don't think we have enough credit to get it going but we're not gonna give up. Who knows it make take us another ten years but I'm going to do it!



0 comments: