Monday, March 31, 2008

MANATEES

While watching the Mets-Marlins game this evening I was reminded of an article I read a few months ago. The Marlins have started am all-male cheerleading teams called the Manatees, real manatees are 1,200-pound mammals sometimes referred to as “sea cows,” and are not considered the most agile of creatures.The Florida Marlins were looking for guys with big bellies with the biggest jiggle, big feet with the best dance moves and enthusiasm that will rock Marlins fans out of their seats.
Its a bunch of middle aged overweight men that cheer during weekend home games. They don't get paid for it but they are supplied with a buffet before and after the games. I think the idea is a riot and wish more teams did this!
Theses are the Marlins' plus-size cheerleading squad comprised of 16 men ranging in weight from 225 to 440 pounds.


0 comments: