Monday, March 31, 2008

OUT LIKE A LAMB?

What did I do this past weekend?
Not much. Friday night I baked some Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies. I completely forgot that there was a Jack and Jill for a co-workers son until a friend texted me to make sure I was still going. Of course I was right in the middle of cookie baking. I only had about half hour baking time left but it was already 8:00. So now I was confused and uncertain about what to do. After a few text back and forth, I decided to stay home for a variety of reasons:
1-I was still baking
2- I'm not even sure if I had anything to wear. Being out of work the last year I gained alot of weight and right after Christmas I went through all my clothes and donated anything that didn't fit. Which turned out to be almost everything with the exception of a few pairs of sweatpants, which I live in.
3-I did have a little extra money due to me gold trade-in but I figured I didn't even know the couple so I may as well stay home and save the money. My budget is extremely tight as it is and a night out drinking is just not in the cards(nothing wrong with enjoying a nice bottle of wine at home though ha ha)
4-The friend I was planning on going with was unsure how long he was going to stay and was possibly going out after and said I should take my own car. I didn't actually mind going to the party but for an hour or two it probably wasn't worth my time to shower and try to find something appropriate to wear.
The rest of the weekend I spent just hanging out at home. There wasn't much to do so I just kinda layed low and it was a good thing since my pain level was fairly high. Saturday I was suppose to go to The Home Show at the Big E with Mom, Dad, Danni, Dave and Nevaeh. I found some coupons online for $3 off each ticket(reg $10) and printed enough for everyone. Once I woke up on Sat though I had a slight headache and my shoulder/neck were killing me but I wasn't going to cancel because I don't really spend as much time with my parents as I should. Within 10 minutes of waking I got a call from Danni and she said my Dad wasn't feeling well and they were all canceling. I was relieved to say the least!
Sunday was more of the same laziness. I did make a nice Pork Loin 5 Rib Roast in my crock pot along with Red Potatoes, Carrots, Mushrooms, Green Beans, Celery, Onion, and garlic. It was so yummy!
Today I just had a few errands to do, Post Office, Cvs, Bank etc...
and now I'm in for the rest of the night. Good thing cuz here it is the very last day of March and it's raining and snowing again!
I thought the old saying was out like a Lamb??!!
lamb

0 comments: