Now that I've been out of work a year some things are changing and the pressures on. At the 6 month point of my leave Costco stopped paying for my Medical Insurance however if I signed up for Cobra(like I had a choice?) the would supplement half the premium each month directly to Aetna. Once you reach a year the subsides stop and you are responsible for the whole payment which is $400 monthly. Last October Costco added a new Health Care Protection Program to our benefits, which basically agrees to continue to supplement you but instead of payments to Aetna they mail them to you and then you pay Aetna. So I call the benefits dept today to get the ball rolling. The first girl I talk to has no idea what I'm talking about and says she'll look into it and call me back. When she does she states that since the program went into effect 10-1-07 and I was out of work previous to that I'm not eligible. Are you kidding me??? What a load of crap!! Of course they wont budge on the policy and now my monthly budget just got a little tighter.
Now to add insult to injury.... After I get off the phone with them UPS drops off an envelope from the benefits dept saying the Costco only approves one year leaves and no more and that I need to call the store manager and discuss my abilities. Costco does not offer light duty, well they wont create a position to suit your needs but if there's one available you can have it, so basically you have to be almost 100% in order to return and of course my particular position requires I be able to lift 50lbs above my shoulders Occasionally(which they claim is up to 2.5 hrs per 8 hr shift). Right now I can lift between 3-5 lbs but aren't able to hold or carry for any length of time. So now what??? Am I jobless???


0 comments:
Post a Comment