Today was a busy day for me. I was feeling pretty good when I woke up this morning, only a slight headache and very little neck/shoulder pain. Days like this I try to take advantage of because they are very few and far between. I ran out to the grocery store. I didn't need much, just the basics milk, half & half, water, vitamin water(luv the stuff), paper towels, and toilet paper. Bringing it in is always the challenge for me. I live on the second floor of an apartment building and always have to lug the groceries up so I tend to shop more frequently and buy less stuff due to my injury. The biggest challenge like usual is the case of water. I try to pull it out of the trunk and get underneath it so I'm able to prop it up on the left side. I have no issues on my left side but it is my non-dominate side so it's not super strong however it has come along way since I got hurt in May 05. I obviously tend to use the left side for everything these days so I think its starting to hold its own. The only thing it doesn't seem to be good at is scrubbing stuff.
After I got all the groceries in I moved on to a few loads of laundry. Since I live in an apartment I have to use their facility but the good news is that my building has two washing machines and dryers on every floor of every building. I'm very lucky that the laundry room is only two doors down from my apartment. It's a little expensive ($1.50 wash and $1.50dry) but it beats lugging it all to a Laundromat especially since I'm unable to lift alot. While the wash was going I vacuumed and windexed everything. Phew! I got alot done for my standards lately and I was thrilled however I'm now in pain and will pay for it the rest of the night but that's OK cuz I'm finishing off my evening with a nice bottle of Red Wine... YUMMO!


0 comments:
Post a Comment