Sunday, April 13, 2008

DRUGSTORE SAVINGS

Today was my first day of my new coupon clipping and money saving mission. After all the great deals last week at CVS I was even more anxious to get started. I knew I could do even better since many friends and other bloggers are using the program and coming away spending only a few dollars out of pocket each week. I had also heard that Walgreens and Rite Aid have pretty good deals and can usually be matched to manufactures coupons and you can save even more!
My first step was to go pick up a Sunday Paper to get the flyers and coupons. I was told that with all the money I could save on coupons that it would be well worth it to pay the $1.50 for the paper. After that I stopped at Dunkin Donuts for a coffee and noticed that all their papers were sold out however someone had bought a paper and threw all the flyers/coupons back on the rack so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask if I could have them. The lady said sure...
SCORE DOUBLE COUPONS!!
My next step was to go home, clip everything and scan the flyers and try to make a game plan. I scanned through various blogs as well that post the best deal scenarios for the week and alot of them have links to online printable coupons. So I spent the afternoon doing this and watching some baseball. I'm sure it'll go faster in the weeks to come but for right now I'm trying to soak in all the info I can get about the various stores and their programs.
After supper I wanted to go check out CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid, all of which are conveniently located within 1-3 miles of me. I had noticed that they had products advertised on sale but the flyer didn't say what the price was, just how much you would save so I wanted to go out and compare prices. I only did a small amount of shopping in order to earn ECB to help with the rest of the stuff I need to get this week. My goal is to not spend anymore money out of pocket(OOP) this week. I will continue to post as I shop and we'll see just how much I can actually save!
So far this is what I got...

CVS
1- Ascenia Glucose Kit $79.99
2- M+M’s $3.29 Each
Total $86.57 + tax
Sales -$68.69
Coupons -$3.00
Total OOP $15.88
Earned $14.99ECB + $3/$15Coupon
***My Dad has Diabetes so I figured I would pick him up a kit since the price was so great and the $14.99ECB it earned me will in turn help with the shopping for the rest of the week

RITE AID
2- Glade Aerosol $1.69 Each
Total $3.38 + tax
Sales -$.80
Coupons -$1.59
Total OOP $1.04

WALGREENS
1- Bic Comfort3(4pk) $5.99
1- Bic Soleil(4pk) $5.99
1- Zantac(8ct) $5.49
Total $17.47+ tax
Sales -$2.00
Coupons -$12.00
Total OOP $3.64

DAYS TOTAL = $107.42
SALES TOTAL = $71.49
COUPON TOTAL = $16.59
TOTAL OOP = $20.56
SAVINGS 81%

0 comments: