Thursday, April 24, 2008

SHOCK ME

I had another session of Physical therapy today. It was most of the same as on Monday except today she worked more on my Rotator Cuff muscles versus my neck ones. The were really sore, so much worse than any of the others. I had no idea where the majority of my pain comes from since its spread out through out my neck, shoulder, and upper back area but when she started her manual massage there... Yowzers!! It was killing me, I'm not sure how I didn't end up crying it was that bad.
The girl kept asking me if I had metal in there. After the forth time I was like I'm positive there is no metal unless they accidentally left something in there, Why do you feel something?? She wasn't sure what she was felling but that that something still isn't right in there. She suggested a anti-inflammatory patch that was applied by using a different type of electricity machine. I said sure, why not?! I've got nothing to lose at this point and am willing to try anything. When she came back she placed a medicated patch on the area she had just been working on and I noticed what looked like one half of a metal snap button. Then she placed just an ordinary patch with a metal snap thing further down my arm above my elbow and hooked one up as positive and one as negative. I guess the concept was the med would enter my body and be pulled down through the affected area as the electricity flowed. This concept intrigues me and I'm interested to see if it works, so far its been four hours and I still feel my same old everyday soreness.
The day following therapy is usually bad since the aggravated all the muscles the day before so I decided when I got home to bake some Pecan, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies just in case I was sorer that normal tomorrow and aren't able to do it. Tomorrow night all the family and some of my friends are getting together at my sisters house for my(and my friend Andy's) birthday celebration and even though it's my party I love baking treats for others and the family especially like my cookies.

0 comments: