Friday, April 4, 2008

HELLO...REMEMBER ME??

And it rains again!
Another blah day at home doing nothing in particular. I know this kind of day kinda sets the mood for everyone to feel a little depressed and cranky but what I just experienced I thought was just plain mean. I live on the second floor of an apartment building that has a security door at the main entrance. I had to bring the trash out so as I was walking down the stairs and I noticed a elderly female standing at the door looking out. Since I've lived in the building for 5 1/2 years and have seen this woman numerous times I knew she was waiting for her ride. I've observed various people and taxis picking her up and knew she didn't drive. I said Hello(like I do to everyone) and she responded and then we made light talk of the weather as I was passing her dragging my trash bag behind me. After bringing it out back and returning to the building I saw the women was standing directly in the doorway still waiting for her ride and do you know she just stood there and made me take out my key to open the door. I actually had to say excuse me so that she could move out of the way and I could walk through the door. I know we have a security door but get real lady I just walked out passed you and have seen you numerous times and you know I live there. Is it me or is our older generations becoming less caring and just plain meaner and ruder??

0 comments: