Friday, April 11, 2008

MEDICAL UPDATE

Many of you ask how I am feeling on a daily basis so I figure it's easier for me to just post it here instead of saying it over and over.Thank you all for all the prayers and daily emails I receive. It means alot to me knowing that my friends really do care how I'm doing!
Today I had an appointment with a new specialist but before I get into that let me just back up a bit. Last December I received a new MRI on my shoulder because I was still in pain 7 months after Rotator Cuff Surgery. The MRI came back clear and the shoulder was said to be technically healed but I was still experiencing pain so they were then thinking it had to be my neck. The neck, Shoulder, and arm are obviously all linked together so sometimes it's hard to tell where the actual pain is coming from since especially in my case everything hurts. I was sent for a neck MRI to rule out herniated discs in my neck and today was the follow up from that. Good news the Neck MRI did come back clear as far as disc problems go but he did see alot of muscle spasms. At this point the Dr believes my pain is all muscle related. I was given a new prescription and am being sent through vigorous Physical Therapy for at least the next four weeks. The Dr has also ordered a nerve test on my arm thinking that I also have a pinched nerve in my elbow.
Hopefully this will work since I'm at my wits end. Costco wants me to return or resign, so I really need to be fixed fast. I do alot of stretching daily at home and not sure if the PT will help but I have nothing to lose at this point. The new medicine scares me a little too, it's actually a anti-depressant but it can be used to treat pain and nerve issues if given in smaller doses. I'm most defiantly stressed out but not depressed so I'm hoping this med doesn't make my moods go all fluky. My next appointment isn't until May 16th so in the meantime I'm just gonna have a little faith and keep my fingers crossed that this will all work out!
Prescription For Chocolate

0 comments: