Saturday, April 19, 2008

STRETCH ME GOOD

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. Thursday I went to Costco to talk to a few of the managers about my medical stuff and I also had an interview for a Assistant Front End Manager position. While I haven't been cleared to go back to work yet I figured I might as well apply and one of our managers actually called my house and asked me to apply.
The new position is actually equivalent to the one I hold now pay wise but it's a more main stream job versus a side department. Although I know the lifting limits are the same, I was kinda thinking that up Front you are always working with other people and I would have a lot of help lifting if I needed it versus working in the Photo Lab were usually only one person is scheduled and the lifting falls all on them. I also realize that if I do plan on staying at Costco and want to continue to be promoted this is a move I need to make. At the store level, my current position is the highest you can achieve in that department so in order to continue to be promoted I need to switch to a more main stream area. This of course comes with a lot of cons versus pros. Right now I write my own schedule and work basically 9-5 and have two set days off(if someone requests one of my days I am flexible and have no problem working) and the new job would mean going back to working days and nights(mostly nights 2-11) and someone else writing the schedule so I would get random days off and every week they would be different. Also no-one bothers me at Photo, I've been over there so long that they assume I know what I'm doing and rarely check on me but being up front I'll be under constant supervision. This isn't a problem for me since I just do what I'm told anyways, it'll just be a big change compared to what I'm use to. I have no idea how soon they need to fill the position so in reality it may be filled before my next Dr appointment were I will find out exactly what kind of restrictions I have and if I can even do it. I just have to wait and see!
Friday I officially started my physical therapy. The guy was real nice and did a whole lot of stretching me and I have to say it felt good.He was putting pressure on various points and it was kinda like having a massage and I didn't want him to stop! He felt a lot of different areas in my neck, shoulder, and back and thinks that I have some things that are twisted and real tight muscles and knots but they seem to have a game plan. I have to say that guy felt more of the injured area versus anybody else I have gone to. He thinks the type of pain I'm having is correctable but says that unless you kick all the problems its one of those things that will return again and again. I'd like to be optimistic but I've been through all this before and it didn't help so it's just another wait and see situation.
Massage and Spa Treatments
After I was done being stretching they hooked up the electricity machine to me(still don't know name). They place patches in pain area and then the machine zaps the muscles over and over. That was all I did yesterday but the say next week I'll start Deep Tissue Ultrasounds. I was in pain when I left and it continued all day and sleeping was bad last night but that's the norm for me anyways. The guy said I would be in pain since they aggravated all my muscles but eventually with more and more treatment he claims they will settle down.
Friday night I was excited to get together with my friends form high school. Only Angie showed up though(Jenn-Where the heck were you?!). It was great! We just sat and gossipped and caught up after ten years of not seeing each other. Unfortunately Angie wasn't feeling that well and we had to cut our night short but now we're going to try to hang out much more often!
The weather has been so nice the last few days and I have been taking full advantage of it. I love pulling out my Capri's and flip flops! Today seems like it will be just as nice so I opened all the windows in the house to allow some fresh air in and plan on just hanging out today enjoying the sunshine and catching some baseball! It's a great weekend to start celebrating my birthday which is on Tuesday. Since it falls in the middle of the week I plan on taking full advantage of it and partying this weekend and next!

0 comments: