Sunday, April 27, 2008

SUNDAY MORNING RUN

Yeah I just love Sundays!
All of next weeks deals start at most stores today. I've gotten into the habit of getting up on Sundays and running into CVS to pick up the paper and anything else that I know for a fact I want plus I like to briefly look over the store and check prices of items I know I'll be purchasing later in the week. Saturday nights I try to briefly look over the CVS one and check a few websites I use that usually post next week deal scenarios ahead of time....
A big thank you to all of you that do this for us!!.
After making my initial purchase I then head home to clip my coupons and plan any other deals I may wanna get during the week. I also go through the grocery flyers and pair up my coupons and try to plan my meals for the week. My grocery shopping hasn't been that frugal yet however I only started seriously clipping coupons about three weeks ago so the more I clip the cheaper the groceries will be in the long run. I'm trying to lessen my grocery and haba items so that I can use the money to pay down some of my credit card debt. It's not that I have that much debt but it's still something hanging over my head every month. I also only have four car payments left so once that's done I'll have an extra $400 month to put towards other things. The faster I get everything paid off, the faster I can get out of this apartment and into a house of my own!
So here's what I picked up this morning.....
TRANSACTION 1
2 BIC SOLEIL RAZOR(4CT) $6.69EACH
1 SOFTSOAP BODYWASH(18OZ) $5.49
2 ALL SMALL + MIGHTY LAUNDRY $6.49EACH
2 SUNDAY PAPERS $1.50EACH
1 LUMENE FIRMING BODY LOTION $1.99
TOTAL $36.84
SALES - $7.89
COUPONS -$12.50
ECB USED -$10.00
TOTAL OOP $6.62
EARNED $16.49ECB + $3/15 COUPON
TRANSACTION 2
4 SOFTSOAP BODYWASH(18OZ) $5.49EACH
1 WRIGLEYS GUM $1.19
TOTAL $23.15
SALES -$0
COUPONS -$6.00
ECB USED -$16.49
TOTAL OOP $0.66
EARNED $21.96ECB + $3/15COUPON

DAYS TOTAL $59.99
SALES -$7.89
COUPONS/ECB -$44.99
TOTAL OOP $7.28
SAVINGS 89%
As I've said in the past I've been keeping track of all my purchases because I really wanted to see just how much money I've wasted in the past. In about a months time of clipping and planning this is what I've already saved!!!
YTD TOTAL = $843.62
YTD SALES = $271.49
YTD COUPONS/ECB = $396.28
YTD OOP = $173.64
SAVINGS 80%

0 comments: