My weekend was very nice. Nothing to exciting just hanging out at home, having a few drinks and watching The Red Sox!! The weather was kinda crappy the last few days around here but is perking up a bit today.
I made my usual ran out this morning to Dunkin Donuts to grab a coffee and a couple of papers. I don't actually buy coffee out much anymore being the prices have gone up so much but its like my treat on Sunday mornings. I use to go every morning on my way to work and when I started thinking about it I realized I was spending almost $65 a month on just coffee, that doesn't even count the few mornings I got a bagel too(I'm really not a breakfast person so I normally get just the coffee).
So I decided in January of 07 that I was going to buy a coffee maker and start bringing it from home. I decided on a Keurig model, although it was a little pricier I liked being able to make one cup at a time and having different variates to chose from. It's really cool, you turn it on and it warms up in about a minute and then u pick a K-Cup and place it in the machine and then hit the button of the size youwant.
When I first got the machine, K-Cups were only available online, which at first I thought would be a real pain but surprisingly it wasn't. The K-cups come either 5 or 25 to a box and if you bought 4-25boxes you get free shipping. The also have a club were the more you buy over time the more of a discount you get up to 15%. So about every month to month and a half I place an order for 4boxes, I get the free shipping plus 15% and it works out to less than 50 cents a cup! How can you beat that?? Now the cups are available in the stores but its still cheaper to order online and they come within 3 days.

I bragged about my love for it so much that now my parents have one too. They love it since they both drink different kinds of coffee so they no longer have to compromise plus Keurig also offers teas and hot chocolate cups. Its a win win for the whole family!
Ok now that I got a little side tracked telling you about my awesome coffee machine back to original thoughts....
Once I got to Dunkin Donuts I saw that they only had one paper left. So I figured I would get it and go home and see if the coupons were any good and worth getting a second paper. I was thrilled to find not only the Red Plum & Smart Source Coupons but an additional P&G Coupon pack... Woo-Hoo! I ran back out to get two more papers! As soon as I got back home, My sister Danni called from work and asked if I had gone out to get the paper yet and if I hadn't could I get her one too. She then asked me to show her how to do the whole coupon thing and how CVS works. Yeah! I get to show her something that will help her and her family out. Danni has always been very price conscience but has never clipped coupons before either so after hearing me talk about how well I've done since starting it, she wants in! So tomorrow after Physical Therapy I'm gonna go over to her house and show her the ropes and then were gonna go out and hit CVS, Walgreens, Walmart and Danni wants to go to BJ's too. It should be a fun day!
Oh did I mention that after splurging on coffee this morning, IT SUCKED :(I should have known better when I saw a new girl at the counter, unfortunately they never get it right their first few weeks and mine doesn't take a brain surgeon, Large Cream & Sugar... Nothing extra, nothing fancy and it still tasted so bad that I tried to fix it at home to no avail and ended up eventually dumping it down the sink, there goes another two bucks down the drain... Literally!



1 comments:
Welllll crud. Now I have to buy that coffee maker! See how you are...Making me spend money. LOL
Coffee is my weakness and nobody in our home drinks it but me.
Hmmm....Mother's Day is coming up and my birthday this month. :-)
Okay, now I feel better. LOL
Thank you for the tip.
Post a Comment