Wednesday, May 14, 2008

CVS TRIP 5-14

I went to CVS this morning basically to see if I could find the Hawaiian Tropic Chapsticks. I had already checked three of the stores around me and couldn't find them but there was still one more CVS that I could check. This store is my favorite. It's a little larger than the others and much newer. The cashiers are really friendly and they seem to have a better variety of "new" products that hit the shelves. I figured if I was going to find it anywhere this would be the store but unfortunately I had no luck so I've come to the conclusion they aren't sold in my area.
While I was there I decided to pick up a few other things. There was almost nothing I wanted that was on sale or issued ECB's but there was a few things I needed regardless. I broke it into 4 transactions so I could use more of the $3/$15 coupon since I wasn't really getting anything on sale anyways. While this defiantly wasn't my best trip by all means, I still didn't make out that bad. Here's how I worked it........
TRANSACTION 1
1 Shick Intimate Moisture Razor $9.99
2 Glade Sprays $1.69Each
1 Reese’s Pieces .79
1 Lady’s Speed Stick $2.79
Total $16.95 + Tax
Sales -$1.73
Coupons -$6.97
Total OOP $8.64
TRANSACTION 2
2 Kellogg’s Smart Start Cereal $4.69Each
2 Irish Spring Body Wash(18oz) $4.99Each
2 Johnson + Johnson Buddy Soap .99Each
Total $21.34 + Tax
Sales -$4.38
Coupons/ECB’s -$14.98
Total OOP $1.98
TRANSACTION 3
1 Softsoap Body Wash(12oz) $4.49
2 Hershey’s Miniatures $3.49Each
2 Reese’s Mini Cups $3.49Each
5 Reese’s Pieces .79Each
Total $22.40+ Tax
Sales -$7.41
Coupons -$3.00
Total OOP $12.06
TRANSACTION 4
1 CVS Bottled H2O $4.99
2 Air Wick Scented Oil Refills $3.49Each
1 Air Wick Scented Oil Holder $1.99
1 Hallmark Birthday Card for Mom $2.99
Total $16.95 + Tax
Sales -$1.00
Coupons/ECB’s -$14.99
Total OOP $0.96
DAYS TOTAL $77.64
DAYS SALES -$14.52
DAYS COUPONS/ECB’S -$39.94
DAYS TOTAL OOP $23.64
SAVED 70%

There was a few mistakes I made and it cost me a little more. The first one I made I was trying to do the Irish Spring/Softsoap Deal where you buy $10 and get $4. After purchasing two bottles of the Irish Spring Body Wash I realized I had only spent $9.98 not the full $10 and of course the register didn't print out the ECB's. In order to get the reward the cheapest thing for me to buy was another Softsoap Body Wash for $4.99 so that wasted $5.
The second mistake I made was not adding correctly before getting to the register. I was short $1.21 in order to use the $3/$15 coupon so I threw in three more Reese's Pieces in order to bring it up. If I had added correctly I would have found a different filler item instead of more candy since I had already bought enough.
All in all though it wasn't a bad trip because I defiantly needed the bottled H2O and the birthday card for Mom so those were things I would have paid OOP anyways!
Want to see more CVS savings? Visit the Centsible Sawyer's CVS Superstars or Money Saving Mom's Super Savings Saturday!! You can find both of their links in my list of favorites!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Good news! The candy bars count toward another deal .. buy 9 and get the 10th one free. So you only need to buy 6 more. Now you can feel like it was not a wasted filler.
Secondly, I just got a response from Hawaiian Tropic. Check my blog.
Thanks for welcoming me!

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

I couldn't find any of the chap sticks either - oh well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be for us to have SPF protected lips this summer :-) You did purty good!!

April said...

My store didn't have the HT chapsticks either. Good buys!