Friday, May 16, 2008

MEDICAL UPDATE 5-16

This morning I had appointment with my Dr to review the results of my nerve test and to see if the meds or Physical Therapy had any effect on my pain. I've had absolutely no change unfortunately. The next round of treatment will be a new med, Lyrica to help with the pain and Trigger Point injections into my muscles to try to get them to loosen up some. After the injections I will be going back to Physical Therapy but in meantime I was told to continue doing my exercises at home in order to strengthen up the shoulder blade muscles. The Dr feels a combination of all of these things will kick my pain for good.
Again I'm willing to follow his instructions as I have nothing to lose but am getting terribly pessimistic since nothing has worked so far. After my visit I ran into Costco to pick up my new prescription. Lyrica was much more expensive. A normal Co-pay for me is $5 but this one cost $20! I hope it works but I am a little peeved since I just had the last med he prescribed refilled on Wed and now he said to stop taking it. Another waste of money, at least that one was only $3.
Next I ran into the office to talk with the Store Manager about my job. He was in a meeting but I talked to one of the Assistant Managers. I passed in my out of work note and then asked for a couple of our various Corporate VP's so I could email them to ask for an extension of my leave. My next re-evaluation with the Dr is July 1st so I asked for at least that long. Hopefully they'll be able to work with me. after all I have been employed there for thirteen years and am also a Manager. Not to toot my own horn but I have an impeccable record and my yearly reviews are always outstanding. So if they want to throw away a great employee it'll be their loss!

0 comments: