Monday, May 12, 2008

GETTING STARTED AT CVS

This posting is for my many family members and friends that have started asking me how I'm saving so much money and want to jump on the band wagon too. At last nights party I had alot of people asking me about it and then today one of my nephews and his girlfriend asked so here it goes.....
1- Scroll down the side of my blog until you reach my favorite blogs and click on Money Saving Mom. This wonderful woman has put together a little how to shop CVS thing(Thanks Chrystal!). Once you reach her blog scroll through the sides and you will come across a CVS101 post. Click on this and read it all just remember that she posted that a while ago so her examples of deals are not currently going on. Once you read this you should have a better understanding of how the program works.
2- Make sure you pick up at least one Sunday Paper every week and go through the flyers and clip all the coupons. Coupons can be a bit time consuming but really do save you money so find a system that works for you and stick to it!
3- Along with Money Saving Mom, many of my favorite blogs post what they are doing at CVS each week and outline many deal scenarios for you. So please click through some and see how others are doing it as well. Many of these blogs post whats on sale each week at a variety of stores and put coupon links next to products so you can also print some coupons right from the Internet!
4- For me it helps to write down what deals I want to make before I get to the store and pull out all coupons I plan on using so I'm not stuck standing there shuffling through looking for coupons I need and getting all flustered. Also I've learned to break your purchases into mini transactions in order to get the most for my money and continue to roll over my ECB's again and again!
Hope this helps you guys for now. Please let me know if you have any more questions!!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Hi Mary Ann! Thanks for stopping by. I think your info is great for newbies starting out. I found out about all the savings through money saving mom. Have you shared how your organize or store your coupons? I have recently started back up with them and looking for ideas. If you know of any sites/blogs with info that would be great also. Hope your day is going great!

Alyssa @ KeepingTheKingdomFirst said...

Nice to see another CVSer! Thanks for linking me! I love your wild background.

I never found the Hawaiian Tropic lip balm, either, and I tried 4 stores!

I still love CVS!!