After my CVS run this morning I ran to our local grocer Geissler's. I wanted to get a bag of Potatoes, Carrots, Onion for a Chicken Roast I'm making one day this weekend. I previously bought the roaster at the beginning of the month. I also wanted to pick up some Cube Steaks for supper. I have them marinating in a whole bunch of hot spices in a Ziploc Bag. I wanna pan fry them later with some Onion's and Peppers.
I was trying to decided on what type of side to make and was standing in the aisle flipping through my coupons hoping for an idea. I came across one for $1/2 Boxes of Suddenly Salad, Perfect! They were priced at $2.89 a box but when I got to register they rang up on sale at 2/$3, Yeah!! So I got both boxes for $2!!
I picked two of the classic salads thinking I could doctor it up at home. I made both boxes as instructed and then I added one of those half cans of sliced Black Olives and a half jar of Green Olives that I had in the fridge that I sliced up. I also found a can of Chick Peas that I drained and rinsed real well and threw those in. I added a little more Olive Oil and I now have a great Pasta Salad that I'll be able to pair with diners all weekend!
VIOLA!!
Oh and while I was at Geisslers I noticed those re-usable grocery/tote bags by the register. I've been meaning to switch to these since I'm so sick of all those darn plastic bags. I save them to reuse but the pile is overwhelming. Since I got a deal on the box salad and I still had a few dollars left I asked how much they were... $1.00!! That's All?? I was thinking they were between $3-$5. I bought 2 to get me started but plan to go back and get a few more for those big grocery trips. I wasn't paying attention to what the bagger was doing since I was watching the price scanner and when I got home I noticed she put all my stuff in plastic bags and then put it into the new bags...ggrrrr!!
What did she think the re-usable bags are for?!
No More Plastic!!!


1 comments:
Ha ha haa... yes... the plastic bags INSIDE the reusable ones always ticks me off!
I have 7 reusable bags plus some paper ones I'm reusing till they fall apart. At Kroger, they will give you a few pennies credit off your bill for every reusable/paper bag you bring with you. At a dollar a bag, it's easy to make them pay for themselves.
You can also buy reusable bags at the Target Dollar Spot from time to time. They fold up and zip up so they are the size of a wallet.
Thanks for adding your name to the CVS Challenge!
Post a Comment