Sunday, May 11, 2008

MOTHERS DAY/NEVAEH'S 2ND BIRTHDAY

Today was a great day!! We all got together at My sister Danni's house minus a few that were either working(Valerie) or had to work early am(Laura) or were celebrating their wedding anniversary(Eddie & Betsy). My Brother n Law Dave cooked 2 Pork Panines and made some Spanish Rice and White rice, I made some homemade Macaroni and Cheese in the Crock pot, Adam made a Pasta Salad and Andy made a Potato Salad. I also brought over a double batch of Homemade Peanut Butter M+M Cookies and a Fresh Tangerine Cake. It was my first time trying this cake recipe and it was Delicious. The entire family enjoyed at as well, in fact every last piece was eaten!! Here's what it looked like....
Happy 2nd Birthday Nevaeh!!!!
This is the present I got her...
A Dora The Explorer Tricycle!
And of course being the responsible Titi I got her a matching Dora Helmet...
Safety First!
It was alot of fun. When the food was ready the men served all the women their plates which was nice and much less chaotic then everyone trying to squeeze into the kitchen to make their own. After supper David opened a bottle a wine that we all shared and then we had cake and did Nevaeh's presents. She wasn't super interested in opening gifts so Mommy had to help her and she was a little scared of the helmet I bought her. She wouldn't put it on but laughed like crazy when we all tried it on. After the excitement wore down I caught her giving the Dora helmet a kiss!
She'll get used to it when she learns she can't ride her bike without it.
So Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful woman in my family and
Happy 2nd Birthday Baby Girl!!!!

4 comments:

momwithbrownies said...

Love her name!

Whether it's pronounced..

Ne vee uh

or

Ne vay uh

It's beautiful!

MARY-ANN said...

Its "Ne-Vay-uh".
My sister has loved the name since she was a little girl herself. It's actually Heaven spelt backwords... Cool Huh??!!

momwithbrownies said...

Oh My Word...I did NOT even realize that! It's my new favorite name.
She's beautiful also so that makes it even better! :-)

My mom's name is Nova so if
we had a girl her middle
name was going to be Novay (nu vay)

NOW ...I'm thinking grand-daughter...
Naveah!

I think I may blog this! LOL I'm a sucker for names.

MARY-ANN said...

Go for it and blog it!
I love the name and having the additional meaning is just so awesome!! She's blessed right from the start!!!!