I just like to start out today by saying Thank You to my many new readers that have stumbled across my blog in one way or another. I've enjoyed reading many of your blogs over the last few months and it feels good to know that more and more people are reading mine everyday. So a big Thank You to all of you in blog land and keep leaving me those comments!
I was excited this morning to find that my tax money had been deposited to my checking account. It couldn't have come at a better time! I have already paid all my monthly bills, done my monthly grocery shopping and had finished my Mother's Day gifts so wasn't in "need" but I had forgotten to get my niece Nevaeh a birthday present. She is turning 2 on Monday however we are combining her birthday party with Mother's Day on Sunday since the whole family will be together anyways.
I've been wanting to get to Target lately to check out their grocery prices. I have read from many of you some good deals you can get there so I wanted to check it out for myself. I did get 2 boxes of Kraft Live Active cereal for 98cents! I had printed out 2 coupons for $3off each so this was a pretty awesome deal. Other than that I just got birthday stuff. I can't tell you guys what a got for her just yet since my sister Danni reads this blog and I don't want to ruin the surprise. I'll tell you about it on Monday and post some pics. I hope Nevaeh likes it!! As I was checking out I heard someone call my name and turned around to be surprised by an old high school friend I couldn't believe he recognized me but he said I look exactly the same. Turns out he moved back to our hometown and invited me to stop by sometime. Nice to see you Gabe!!
My next stop was a quick trip into Stop & Shop to get a few ingredients I needed to make Nevaeh's cake on Sunday. It's a tangerine cake that requires freshly squeezed tangerines so I needed to get some of those and some cream cheese for the frosting. I've never made this kind of cake before but I found the recipe in a Paula Deen magazine and I absolutely love her and have tried many of her other cake recipes and am always pleased. Danni requested anything but chocolate cake so I figured I would try something that wasn't just white. I'll post pics after I make it on Sunday and tell you guys how it turns out.
Now it was home to quickly unload the car. I had a nerve test at 3 and was cutting it close and it was starting to pour. Once that was done I was off to my appointment. Along with all my shoulder/neck pain I also have pain in the elbow and loss of feeling in my ring and pinkie fingers. Today they were testing my right arm to see if there was a pinched nerve in my elbow. Have you guys ever had one of these??? OUCHIES! The first part of the test was shocking the arm and hand in various places via small electrical pads. This was uncomfortable but really no big deal. The second part of the test requires needles to be stuck in various muscles(3 in neck, 6 in arm, 4 in hand to be exact). Then they send electricity through the needle to see how it affects the muscles. This hurt alot especially the soft part under my upper arm, between my thumb finger, and in the neck. I almost cried!
Of course when the test was over the guy said that everything was pretty much normal. Now I know this is good news but every test I seem to have comes back normal and I'm still in awful pain. So I just wish that one of these tests would show something significant wrong so they could just fix whatever it is that pains me and I could start to live normally again!
I was excited this morning to find that my tax money had been deposited to my checking account. It couldn't have come at a better time! I have already paid all my monthly bills, done my monthly grocery shopping and had finished my Mother's Day gifts so wasn't in "need" but I had forgotten to get my niece Nevaeh a birthday present. She is turning 2 on Monday however we are combining her birthday party with Mother's Day on Sunday since the whole family will be together anyways.
I've been wanting to get to Target lately to check out their grocery prices. I have read from many of you some good deals you can get there so I wanted to check it out for myself. I did get 2 boxes of Kraft Live Active cereal for 98cents! I had printed out 2 coupons for $3off each so this was a pretty awesome deal. Other than that I just got birthday stuff. I can't tell you guys what a got for her just yet since my sister Danni reads this blog and I don't want to ruin the surprise. I'll tell you about it on Monday and post some pics. I hope Nevaeh likes it!! As I was checking out I heard someone call my name and turned around to be surprised by an old high school friend I couldn't believe he recognized me but he said I look exactly the same. Turns out he moved back to our hometown and invited me to stop by sometime. Nice to see you Gabe!!
My next stop was a quick trip into Stop & Shop to get a few ingredients I needed to make Nevaeh's cake on Sunday. It's a tangerine cake that requires freshly squeezed tangerines so I needed to get some of those and some cream cheese for the frosting. I've never made this kind of cake before but I found the recipe in a Paula Deen magazine and I absolutely love her and have tried many of her other cake recipes and am always pleased. Danni requested anything but chocolate cake so I figured I would try something that wasn't just white. I'll post pics after I make it on Sunday and tell you guys how it turns out.
Now it was home to quickly unload the car. I had a nerve test at 3 and was cutting it close and it was starting to pour. Once that was done I was off to my appointment. Along with all my shoulder/neck pain I also have pain in the elbow and loss of feeling in my ring and pinkie fingers. Today they were testing my right arm to see if there was a pinched nerve in my elbow. Have you guys ever had one of these??? OUCHIES! The first part of the test was shocking the arm and hand in various places via small electrical pads. This was uncomfortable but really no big deal. The second part of the test requires needles to be stuck in various muscles(3 in neck, 6 in arm, 4 in hand to be exact). Then they send electricity through the needle to see how it affects the muscles. This hurt alot especially the soft part under my upper arm, between my thumb finger, and in the neck. I almost cried!
Of course when the test was over the guy said that everything was pretty much normal. Now I know this is good news but every test I seem to have comes back normal and I'm still in awful pain. So I just wish that one of these tests would show something significant wrong so they could just fix whatever it is that pains me and I could start to live normally again!

1 comments:
Have fun celebrating Mother's Day and your nieces birthday! The cake sounds delicious! I know its frustrating when you don't feel well and the doctors can't find out what is wrong. Enjoy your weekend!
Post a Comment