Here it is the end of the month again....
Since I only do one big grocery shopping at the beginning of the month except for a few milk, bread etc runs, I try to use up everything I bought. Basically I have no pantry. I live in a one bedroom apartment and the kitchen is on the small side. I'm still able to cook in there comfortably however, there is no storage. Here is a peek at my kitchen and the only storage cabinets I have....
Mind you all these cabinets have to hold all my plates, glasses, pots and pans, Tupperware and food! So you see I really don't have any extra food storage space. So I shop for exactly what it'll hold and run through it all each month. Towards the very end of the month the pickings are very slim and I'm always determined not to go to the store. It's kinda a fun little challenge and every month I manage to create something new and yummy.
Earlier in the week I had cooked a whole oven stuffer roaster in my Crock Pot. Since I neglected to invite anybody until the last minute and nobody could come I had it all by myself. Needless to say there was a lot left over. I ate Chicken sandwiches all week for lunch but still had a ton.
I looked around the cabinets and fridge to see what I could make with the chicken. I found a bag of potatoes and a whole bunch of mustard, mayo and barbecue sauce I had bought at CVS last weekend when they had that great two day sale. An idea popped into my head to shred up all the chicken and place it in the Crock Pot with BBQ sauce. I also added some bay seasoning, hot sauce, chili powder and Cayenne pepper. It smells so good and it's only been cooking for a few hours. I figured I'll make some mashed potatoes later and then pile the chicken on top of the potatoes to eat.


I can't wait to try it!!
What do you think??
Would you eat it??



1 comments:
We live off BBQ chicken, looks perfect, Holly
Post a Comment