Thursday, May 29, 2008

MEDICAL UPDATE 5-29

If things weren't bad enough last night, I was also in terrible pain. I went for trigger point injections yesterday morning and ended up getting 3 shots in various muscles in my neck and shoulder. The Dr. is hoping this will loosen up the muscles and most of my everyday pain would go away. Of course before you can feel better, you must feel worse. So the Dr. injected me with some sort of stuff. I asked if it was Cortisone but he said it was some sort of numbing stuff with medicine in it. So honestly I have no idea what it was. The shots themselves hurt like heck. He didn't even use that spray numbing stuff that I've had before when getting Cortisone shots, He said to just breath through the pain, Ha Ha easier said then done!
When I made the appointment for the shots I was also told to make one next door at their Physical Therapy Office immediately afterwards, so that's were I went next. My therapist gave me a deep muscle tissue manual massage which also hurt like heck. I asked her why she was pressing so hard and she said the purpose of the PT appointment was to work the medicine through the muscles to help get things going faster. I was told that for that evening and the next few days I would be really sore since they had just overly aggravated all the muscles that already hurt me on a daily basis and sure enough starting around 5pm last night the pain was so bad.
So between trying to find a comfortable position to sleep with little pain and Mia meowing and rubbing all over everything in my room, I was up most of the night. The pain is no better today so as soon as I finish this I'm gonna grab a ice pack and lay on the couch. Hopefully I'll start to feel better in a few days but the Dr. did say he thought I might need 3 rounds of the injections so he made me another appointment June 4Th.
Hey whatever it takes to feel better and get back to work!

3 comments:

Sarah Z said...

Ouch! That sucks, Mary-Ann...

Anonymous said...

Sounds awful. Hope the pain goes away soon.

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

I've read many of your posts on your health issues. I feel for ya! My hubby has arthritis and 3 slipped disks in his back and he's in constant pain. I couldn't imagine it. I'm sure CVS'ing is good retail therapy at least! Seriously, I hope things really do get better for ya :-)