I was so busy yesterday. I got up at 6:15 to drop off a friend at work for 7 because his car was in the shop for some maintenance work. While I was up already I figured I would start my shopping. I only get paid once a month so yesterday was payday ~ WooHoo!! I had made my lists of things I needed at various stores earlier in the week and dug out all my coupons I was gonna use, so I was all organized and ready to go.
I hit Walmart first and let me tell you, 7:30am is an awesome time to shop there. The store was completely empty and registers had no lines. One of my major pet peeves about Walmart is the time waiting in lines but I put up with it anyways cuz the grocery prices are fairly good. So my mission was to get everything I could off my list there and then anything I couldn't find I'd shoot across the street and go to Stop n Shop.
This was my first grocery trip with coupons and I usually only do one big shopping for the month and then normally only have to pick up fresh fruits and veggies, milk, bread etc the rest of the month, so for what I spent($169) compared to what I normally spend($500) I think I did fairly well. I'm not doing as well as many of you out there but I'm hopeful that as I collect more and more coupons this will get better and better. I was really proud of myself for planning and saving so much!!
Now that I was done with the groceries it was time to race home and unload it all. This is a huge chore for me. I live on the second floor of an apartment building plus I can only lift on my left side. I was spent by the time this was done and it was only 11am! Then I was off to Physical Therapy. I was so sore by the time I got there that every exercise I did hurt more and more. My therapist said that she doesn't see any improvement in me after three weeks so she is going to re-evaluate me on Mon and then discharge me because she said there's something else going on and she can't help me. Oh Great, back to square one again. I know something is wrong in there but the MRI's/X-Rays keep coming back clear. Do any of you know any other tests I may be able to request to see what the real problem is?? I'm so frustrated but at least the therapist thinks there's a problem too and being it's the same practice as my new Dr, I'm hoping they can communicate and figure this out before I lose my job permanently!
After PT I really just wanted to go home and sleep but I knew it was best to continue on with my shopping. CVS started all their May deals yesterday and from my experience already there must be alot of you CVS'ers in my area because their deal products go very fast here and I was hoping to get a jump on the crowd. I did great! I got everything on my list and paid very little out of pocket.
Here's all the HABA stuff I got....
WALMART
2 Johnson Buddies Soaps $0.94Each
2 Clean Team Travel Wipes $1.64Each
Total $5.16
Coupons -$5.00
Total OOP 16Cents
WALGREENS
2 Blistix Medicated Chapstick $1.59Each
1 Zantac (5ct) $4.99
Total $8.17
Coupons -6.20
Total OOP $1.97
Earned $3 RR
CVS
(**This took 3 transactions at 3 stores)
3 Colgate 360 Toothbrushes $3.99Each
3 OraPik Travel $2.99Each
3 CVS Allergy(5ct) $4.29
3 Adidas Deodorants $4.99Each
3 Aqua Fresh Toothpaste $3.49Each
2 Tums Quik Paks $5.69Each
1 Cortaid Cream $3.99
1 Neosporin Cream $5.99
1 Wrigleys Gum $1.19
2 Thomas English Muffins $3.19Each
2 Irish Spring Bar Soaps(3ct) $2.79Each
3 Softsoap BodyWash(12oz) $3.99Each
2 Chase & Sanborn Coffee $3.49Each
4 Women Speed Sticks $2.79Each
1 Loreal Vibe Shampoo $4.99
1 Loreal Vibe Conditioner $4.99
5 Natural Chapstick $2.99Each
2 Crayola Finger Paints $3.00Each
3 Softsoap Handsoaps $2.19Each
1 Skintimate Shave Gel $2.99
15 CVS Paper Towels $0.99Each
Total $179.21
Sales -33.73
Coupons/ECB’s -$122.11
Mail In Rebates $9.98
Total OOP $13.39
3 Colgate 360 Toothbrushes $3.99Each
3 OraPik Travel $2.99Each
3 CVS Allergy(5ct) $4.29
3 Adidas Deodorants $4.99Each
3 Aqua Fresh Toothpaste $3.49Each
2 Tums Quik Paks $5.69Each
1 Cortaid Cream $3.99
1 Neosporin Cream $5.99
1 Wrigleys Gum $1.19
2 Thomas English Muffins $3.19Each
2 Irish Spring Bar Soaps(3ct) $2.79Each
3 Softsoap BodyWash(12oz) $3.99Each
2 Chase & Sanborn Coffee $3.49Each
4 Women Speed Sticks $2.79Each
1 Loreal Vibe Shampoo $4.99
1 Loreal Vibe Conditioner $4.99
5 Natural Chapstick $2.99Each
2 Crayola Finger Paints $3.00Each
3 Softsoap Handsoaps $2.19Each
1 Skintimate Shave Gel $2.99
15 CVS Paper Towels $0.99Each
Total $179.21
Sales -33.73
Coupons/ECB’s -$122.11
Mail In Rebates $9.98
Total OOP $13.39
DAYS TOTAL $192.54
SALES -$33.73
COUPONS/ECB’S -$133.31
MAIL IN REBATES -$9.98
TOTAL OOP $15.52
SAVINGS 92%


8 comments:
Oh my goodness! If I got up that early I wouldn't be able to think straight let alone put a plan into action to save that much money!
You go, go, go! Now I have to get my hiney in gear to do the same this week. I'm WAY behind! :-)
Love the blog!
That is some serious shopping(and saving!)
WOW! I'm scared to do that much in one transaction. Way to go (and save!)!
That is awesome! You are a marvelous shopper - must be a natural talent! :)
Thanks for posting over at my blog for CVS Superstars!
Denise
The "Cent"sible Sawyer
Great job with CVS! Have you already maxed yourself off on the monthly deals? Now, when you go and have more than 1 transaction, how do you do it? Do you gather everything at once, then do several transactions at the register? Or do you do one transaction at a time, coming and going from the store?
Thanks for your comment on my blog! You did GREAT at CVS this week! Way to go...
Wow, be every proud of yourself.
I'll pray for your health, keep on those sales.
Wow!, very impressive shopping. You did an awesome job!!!
Post a Comment