I'm so excited, I got a new kitty today!
As many of you know my cat Olivia passed away in March 07 after eating some of that bad pet food. It shut her kidneys down and she lost an incredible amount of weight in just two weeks. The vet said unfortunately there was nothing they could do and I lost my dear friend of ten years.
I was very upset and wasn't sure if I ever wanted another kitty. Living alone though, a kitty is the perfect companion for me. A few months ago I started having the urge to get another one. I started looking at the MSPCA websites trying to decided once and for all if I wanted another or not. I'm very afraid of getting a "bad" kitty. I don't want one that will destroy my house or pee outside the litter box. My Olivia was so good that she always used her litter box until the very end when she had little control. That experience of cleaning up cat urine(although it only happened 3 times) is awful. The smell never really comes out no matter what product you use. I ended up throwing away sheets, bedspreads, and pillows uugghhhh!
Today when I was checking the mail I noticed a sign hanging on the bulletin board above stating free kitten to good home. I thought about it for ten minutes and decided I would just stop by and have a look at her. Of course I fell in love immediately(although I didn't tell the woman that). She said that times were tight and feeding two cats was expensive. Their other cat is older and the kitten is about a year. Also her and her husband go to school and work full time so they were afraid the kitten wasn't getting enough human attention and was withdrawing some. They wanted to find her a home where she would get lots of attention. Perfect for me, being out of work I'm home all the time and when I do go back I'll only be gone for 9-10 hours a day versus the 16 hours they're gone everyday. I told her to give me a few days to think about it and I'd let her know either way.
Before I even got back to my apartment I had made up my mind that I wanted her. I grabbed my purse and headed to the store to get litter pan, food, bowls, brush, and poop scooper. I was so excited to get home and get it all set up. By this time about 3 hours had gone by so I decided I would call the woman and tell her I wanted her. The woman called me back right away and told me to come on down and get her. This time I got to meet the husband too. They were a super nice couple and I could tell they were concerned about her and wanted to make sure she got a good home. I told them to stop by and visit her anytime. I brought Mia(they named her but I like it!) home and placed her in her litter box right away so she would know where it was. She got a little scared and took off under the bed. I placed some food down hoping she would come out, I didn't want to go after her and scare her more. So far Mia's come out a few times and sniffed her litter box and food and then ventured into the living room and explored around but then ran back under the bed. I sure in time she'll be fine. Yeah I have a new furry friend!! I'll post a picture as soon as she'll let me take one.
So Welcome Home Mia!!!
I know you and I are gonna be great friends!

1 comments:
Congrats on becoming a mommy to Mia! I love that name. I can't wait to see her. Have fun getting to know each other. I am a dog person but I think cats are cute from a distance. Have a great day!
Post a Comment