Monday, May 26, 2008

SAVING MONEY IDEA

I've been really trying to save money lately and scrutinizing everything I spend to see where it all goes. Today I stumbled across a good example of wasted money. Since I live in an apartment I don't have a washer and dryer but there is 2 of each located only two doors down from me which is very convenient, however it is $1.50 to wash and $1.50 to dry, that's $3.00 a load! Unfortunately it's one of those expenses I'm stuck with. I'd hang the clothes out to dry but it's not allowed here.
This morning I wanted to do a load of laundry but realized I was .75 short of a load. I decided to wash them and place them over a sweater rack I have. I've never done this before but now I'm thinking this could be a great idea for me! My apartment is always very warm but I have a good breeze so I know they'll dry. Gosh I don't know why I didn't think of this before. I do any average of 3 loads per week so I could potentially save $18 a month doing this!!



3 comments:

andria said...

When I lived in an apartment and HATED going to the laundramat, I'd wash my things in the kitchen sink with a small amount of purex (cheap, yet good) and hang my stuff out like that as well. I also got really good at wearing things two or three times before washing.

We have a CVS by my kids school I have never been there. Next week I am going to get a Sun. paper to get the ad and I am definitely going to bone up on their deals. I had no idea.

Cynthia said...

I still hang dry several things because I just don't want them to shrink! Great thinking about saving money.

Sarah Z said...

I love that stiff feeling clothes and towels have after you've hung them to dry. When John worked at Yankee Candle last winter, I had to hang all his work clothes on lines in the basement(they'd get covered in wax, NOT something I want rolling around in the dryer), next to the furnace. I just hung a load out on the line a few minutes ago!